• Scandinavian • Faroese • Turkish
• Inuit •German • Iranian
Egalitarianism in Danish Society
• Denmark is an egalitarian society.
• Interestingly this is reflected in their language,
which employs gender-neutral words.
•Most Danes are modest about their own accomplishments
are more concerned about the group than their own
• Greetings are casual, with a firm handshake, direct eye
contact, and a smile.
•Shake hands and say good-bye individually when arriving or
• Shake hands with women first.
• Danes tend to introduce themselves with their first name.
• Send an agenda before the meeting and work from it without
• Decisions are made after consulting with everyone involved.
• Presentations should be well-organized and factual, use
facts, figures, and charts to back up statements and
• Communicate directly and maintain eye contact.
• There will be a minimal amount of small talk, Danes prefer
to get down to business.