Customer Support Specialist
• What is CIT?
• Basic IT information (Network)
• IT services in campus and how to use these
• My.KU system (Mail, Groups, Docs)
• How to contact CIT Office
What is ?
• CIT Office meets the University’s computing
• KU Network Services development and management
(internet, mail, news, web, hosting, file, printer, backup
• KU PC & Laptop Support
• KU Audio & Video, Telephone equipments support
• Customer support via Service Desk
Did you know that CIT’s
web page is
What is a Network?
• Network: Data communications system
which interconnects computer systems and
provides common usage of resources.
Did you know that Koc
University has 100mbps
Access to Network Services
• Wireless Access: Student Center, Library, Koç Square,
Auditoriums, Computer Labs, Dorms, Odeon, Henry Ford.
• Wired Access (with a data cable): Library work
study rooms, Computer Labs (SOS, ENG)
• To access KU IT services, you need an account.
• Username and Password
*http://www.ku.edu.tr/ .. (eGuide)
• Change your password
Novell Client (ctrl + alt + del) -> press change password)
* No Turkish characters
* Password must be at least 8 characters
Please DO NOT use
Turkish characters while
creating a new password..
Access to File System
• File system drives (350mb)
• F: / .. (Courses, Software..)
• G: / .. (your personal network drive)
* All files are backed up montly by CIT.
* All files are protected by McAfee antivirus program
• VPN: Virtual Private Network
• VPN Service Allows you to be at home and access your
company’s computers in the same way as if you were
sitting at work.
• Visit https://vpn.ku.edu.tr web page to login and
connect to KU via VPN when you are outside the campus.
• Every semester you have
500 pages for printing for free.
• If you are out of print credit,
you need to go to Yapı Kredi, get 500 printing
package for 25tl. Then bring the receipt to CIT.
• Check you print credit via Portal.
https://portal.ku.edu.tr (Print Qouta Check)
Photocopy and Scan Services
Library and Henry Ford Building
• Scanner (free of charge)
Library and Engineering Faculty
You can use photocopy
your smart ID card..
My.KU mailing system on Gmail with 7GB
Create or copy your docs and share with
other KU members.
Create groups and discuss online or
Talk: Chat with KU members.
• DSS (Dormitory Support Service) : 4455
• DSS Office is in Dorm S
• Except Saturdays everday between
11:30 – 20:00
How to Reach ?
• CIT Service Desk: 1111
• CIT Web: http://trackit.ku.edu.tr
• Service Desk E-Mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Thank you for listening...