The Stokesley Pride-in-our-Town Association www.stokesleypride.org.uk . MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 28TH FEBRUARY 2011 Chairman’s welcome Apologies- Frank Cuthbert, Mike and Lovaine Irving. Attending – Linda Purnell (chair) Eric Lee, Jill Lee, George Carter, Derek Whiting, Fred Lee, Michael Scott. Minutes of November Meeting – Taken as read Matters Arising –1. Weedspraying – Linda to speak to Jackie Wheeler – This should be OK as Stokesley PC has not been subjected to financial cuts. 2. Memorial Seat – The plaque is now in place and a photo taken for a press report 3. Litter Picking – The Secondary school has been very active in this respect which is greeted with much pleasure. We understand PC Michelle McFarlane has been instrumental in trying to organise a meeting at the school, and also the Camera Club has a project in hand for people to help in the community. The litter bin at the Stokesley Motors end of the river bank has been moved closer to the seat to encourage its use. A letter is to be sent to Asst. Chief Constable Sue Cross to show appreciation of PC McFarlane’s initiative. Also a letter is to be sent to the Head Teacher Mrs Brookes. Tree Planting Initiative – It is felt that this is a matter for the Parish Council and Linda will talk to the Parish Clerk, possibly offering help should the scheme be taken up. Treasurer’s Report – Our total funds are £7,600 – It looks like we will have to spend about £450 to top up the spring tubs due to weather damage. Rainbow Nurseries have advised that the autumn planting be a little earlier in order for the plants to become more established before the winter weather. Violas, pansies and primroses to be tried next year. The summer plants have already been ordered – and Linda will ask that the preparation of boxes for each tub be at a more comfortable working height. A.O.B. George Carter suggested that in view of the fact that NYCC Chairman Caroline Seymour is hosting a lunch in the Town Hall on Sunday for all the local Parish Councils, a mini exhibition should be set up in the foyer. Linda and Eric will see to this on Friday. Also Linda will embellish the two tubs in front of the TH on Thursday. MichaelScott suggested that we put SPIOTA news in the local paper called The Circuit which apparently spreads good news in the area. Thursday Work – There are 4 new tubs to be installed – 2 in front of Derek Wills Travel and 2 in the Market Place. 4 Tubs for Kebbell homes also need planting, and the Library shrubbery should be looked at. Some renovation is required to the town signs –Eric will survey these and report to the Parish Council. A.O.B. continued Linda will search the internet for sack barrows following our failure to obtain these. During April efforts will be made to enlarge the summer watering rota through local contacts and the press. An informal meeting with the Chairman of the PC is to be arranged after May. George suggested some recognition be made to two founder members. THE MARCH MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND THE APRIL MEETING WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON MONDAY 18TH APRIL 2011.
Pages to are hidden for
"The Stokesley - DOC"Please download to view full document