EDWARD K SCHNEIDER
941.752.6489 / Bradenton, FL
To combine diverse experience in Workers Compensation, program underwriting, product development, and project
management achieving profitable results through a commitment to continuous improvement in employees, operations, and
systems with proven ability to think strategically, operate tactically, analyze risk, and provide advice and counsel to others.
Florida Home Builders Insurance, Inc., Tallahassee, FL, Director of Underwriting (2010 - 2012)
Underwriting Operations Manager for Managing General Agency and Broker owned by Florida Home Builders Association.
• Increased premium from $15 to $19 million with y-o-y net revenue-growth resulting in 46% positive budget variance
• Achieved increases of 25% average new business premium and 35% average renewal retention premium to drive results.
• Profitably managed MGA programs for Florida Builders Risk, Roofers GL, and Residential General Contractors.
• Supervised Underwriting unit functions including Marketing, Production, Retention, & Wholesale Brokerage activities.
• Supervised Operations unit functions including IT and Systems Administration, Indexing, Policy Administration, Surplus
Lines Tax Filings, Service Standards, Workflow Management, Policies, Processes, and Procedures.
• Successfully completed major upgrades of AIM Agency Management & ImageRight systems using extensive testing
process that identified key issues in advance, mitigated errors, and eliminated expected system downtime.
• Contracted new markets for Workers Comp, Environmental Contractors, London Property, Commercial Auto, and
Restaurants and obtained approval for membership in Target Markets Program Administrators Association.
• Paper Elimination Project Manager that achieved savings of $2,500/month in mailing costs and 20 hours staffing per
week by converting remaining 85% of hard copy policies received to digital format for streamlined processing workflows.
• Project Manager for Resource Assessment and Redeployment that realigned resources, redesigned workflows, and
implemented a Quality Assurance program to validate increases in productivity and quality of work product goals.
ITS P&C Consulting, Dallas, TX, Senior Business Consultant (2010)
Project Manager for consulting engagement to assess a legacy Workers’ Compensation claims administration system.
Gathered and aggregated workflow activities, recognized common issues of three user groups, and identified nine
“ground-up” business requirements that validated four “top-down” business requirements from Senior Management
Established a hierarchy of business requirements ranked for level of business need by the Risk Management Services
department and for complexity of completion by the IT Services project team
Gap analysis of Claims Administration System determined ten high level business requirements ranked both high in need
by Claims staff and high in level of complexity by IT staff, and reviewed alternative solutions including Build, Buy and
Enhancement of the current system to address the gaps in system functionality for current business practices.
Recommended parallel courses of action including initiation of Software Package Selection process and completion of an
IT assessment to determine internal capabilities to sufficiently enhance the current Claims System because of the 18-24
month timeline for new system implementation.
Southern Eagle Insurance Co., Bradenton, FL, Director of Insurance Operations (2008 – 2009)
Underwriting Operations Manager for Southern Eagle Insurance Co. (SEIC), a Workers Comp carrier; Risk Concepts
Corporation (RCC), a Managing General Agency and Retail Agency; and ACC General Liability Risk Purchasing Group; all
affiliate companies of Administration Concepts Corporation (ACC), a Professional Employer Organization.
• Successfully managed Underwriting, Policy Services, and Bordereaux Accounting for PEO Master policy and GL RPP 'Pay
As You Go’ program for Artisan Contractor clients of the PEO in partnership with the program’s London broker.
• Profitably managed fronting-carrier contract with Star Insurance Co. including Underwriting, Policy Services, and
Bordereaux Accounting utilizing the web-enabled Advantage System and CSC/POINT policy administration system.
• Developed policies and procedures to transition various outsourced carrier functions including Underwriting, Operations,
Policy Services, Regulatory Reporting & Compliance, Receivables Management, Performance Metrics, & Data Integrity.
• Project Manager for USSI Carrier Administration System Installation that migrated all SEIC PEO policy data from third
party vendor and obtained NCCI certification for WCPOLS and Unit Stats Reporting within 90 day “Go Live” deliverable.
• Project Manager for Agency Systems Installation of MGA & Retail Agency system including policy and premium data
population & validation, development of receivables strategy, and creation of custom performance metrics.
• Project Manager for the ACC California Expansion Project to become a qualified self-insurer in the state for a California-
domiciled PEO that included compilation of all required documentation and completion of the state-mandated formal
application submission process.
BrickStreet Mutual Insurance, Charleston, WV, Consultant/Underwriting Technical Coordinator (2007- 2008)
Underwriting Operations Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, and Referral Underwriter in all market segments for carrier
established to transition the $500 million premium West Virginia monopolistic state fund to competitive market as of 7//1/08.
• Designed & implemented Underwriting best practices for eight business teams including forms, tools, and processes
required for achievement of planned business results, developed and managed multiple company policies and procedures
including Underwriting Authority, Quality Assurance, Voluntary Compensation, and USL&H/Jones Act coverages.
• Performed quantitative and qualitative analysis of various business metrics, regulatory compliance, complaint resolution,
system testing, underwriter training, product development, policy form & rate filings, and special projects.
• Project Manager for Pricing and Product Development that identified and implemented strategic product initiatives
including Underwriting Appetite and new product filings for a Tiered-Rating Scheme & Association Safety Groups.
• Project Manager for the Underwriting Strategy for Other States Expansion strategic initiative responsible for the
development and implementation of the underwriting strategy, processes and procedures to be utilized in conjunction with
the Argonaut fronting-carrier underwriting facility in 40 states effective January 1, 2009
• Project Manager for the Competitive Analysis for Other States Expansion strategic initiative responsible for the collection
and analysis of competitor pricing and product filings in ten target states and formulation of the strategy presented to senior
management for the expansion of insurance company licensing in multiple states beginning in 2009.
SeaBright Insurance Company, Tampa, FL, Senior Underwriter (2005 – 2006)
Large Account Underwriter for this specialty Workers Comp carrier specializing in Maritime & Construction programs.
• Established Florida Branch Office creating “shopkeeper” mentality for claims and risk control branch office support staff.
• Contracted broker distribution network; performed analysis, selection and pricing of unique exposure risks to develop
Florida underwriting appetite; and coordinated Risk Control resources with Underwriting pre-inspection requirements.
• Marketed and underwrote Maritime program including USL&H, MEL, crew P&I, and state act coverages for marine classes
including stevedoring, shipbuilding/repair, boat builders, dredging, bridge builders/painters, & artisan contractors.
• Developed the Florida Negotiated Workers Comp Insurance Program (NWCIP) exclusively for construction-industry
employers utilizing Union members by marketing the value-added benefits of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
process to Brokers, Florida Building Trades Council, and Insureds producing over $5 million in new business submissions.
Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Sarasota, FL, Underwriting Supervisor (2002-2005)
Program Underwriting Manager for Florida Preferred Administrators, managing general agent for Ameritrust Insurance Co.,
supervision of Florida and Alabama branch program underwriting & processing units, new program development, regulatory
compliance, market conduct, data migration, and production, retention, and profitability goals for $30 million premium.
• Profitably re-underwrote Florida branch Workers’ Comp program producing 89% combined ratio and 20% premium growth
using Consent to Rate pricing strategies that achieved 2004 Net Rate increase of 4% vs. 14% Florida rate reduction.
• Successfully re-underwrote Alabama Contractor’s Package Program to ensure alignment with corporate underwriting
requirements to minimize General Contractor and residential Construction Defect exposures and managed multi-line P & C
programs for Alabama County Commissioners Association and Alabama Forestry Association self-insurance trusts
• Project Manager for Data Migration initiative that transitioned $25 million Florida Workers' Compensation business from
legacy system to web-enabled system automating the renewal process and providing online policy access to agents.
• Project Manager for Multi-State Project that developed web-enabled Workers’ Comp program for Florida and Alabama
business enabling inclusion of all states exposures on one policy resulting in profitable $3 million premium production.
• Project Manager for Florida Small Business Project that developed Web-enabled Small Business and Florida JUA Takeout
Workers’ Comp programs in partnership with the state insurance agents association per enabling legislation in 2003.
CNA Financial Corp., Orlando, FL, Licensed Account Executive (2001-2002)
Production Underwriter and Marketing Executive for the CNA Small Business Service Center in multiple branch territories.
• Successful new and renewal portfolio management of web-enabled Workers’ Comp, Auto, BOP, and CPP programs that
achieved production goals while maintaining required mix of business, pricing standards, and retention rates for each LOB.
• Profitably managed Small Affinity Group program business including national check cashing store program by doubling
premium growth while improving program loss ratios in partnership with an Oregon broker.
• Marketed the Service Center concept to CNA agents & supervised all agency account consolidation and book rollovers.
Policy Management Systems Corp., Sarasota, FL, Senior Underwriter (1998-2000)
Program Underwriter for the Insurance Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) operation of this Technology services company.
• Administered Reliance National CyberComp Workers Comp and Sable Insurance Company CPP/BOP program contracts.
• Implemented new agent training initiatives that improved productivity while significantly increasing premium production and
policy issuance, endorsement, and renewal process quality to consistently exceed contracted service standards.
• Developed and tested CPP and BOP programs utilizing the POINT Policy Administration System for the Sable contract.
• Profitably managed 200 agencies in nine state territory producing premium growth from $6 million to $20 million.
EDUCATION, LICENSING, & CERTIFICATION:
• Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, PA / BS (Business Administration) Major: Business Management
• Florida 2-20 General Agents Property & Casualty Insurance License
• PMP - Project Management Professional (certification completion scheduled August, 2012)