Instructions for Basic Computer Use
If you are attempting to obtain access from an off-site area go to https://myprofile.partners.org/
Creating a Partners Password
How Do I find out my BICS Key? (Please note you must be at a Partners Workstation)
To create a Partners Password:
1. Select the PASSWORD SELF SERVICE link from the screensaver of a Partners workstation OR
go to https://myprofile.partners.org
2. Click link OPTION 3: IF YOU ARE A NEW USER AND DO NOT HAVE A PARTNERS USER NAME AND
PASSWORD, CLICK HERE
3. Type your…
DATE OF BIRTH (4-digit format: MMDD).
4. Type your…
last 4 digits of your SSN or
last 4 digits of your PREFERRED PHONE NUMBER.
5. From the drop-down list, select AUTHENTICATION QUESTION 1 and type your response.
6. From the drop-down list, select AUTHENTICATION QUESTION 2 and type your response. Click
NEXT. Note: A message will display confirming your User name.
7. Click CHANGE PASSWORD.
8. Type your new PARTNERS PASSWORD twice in the space provided. Click NEXT. Note: A
message will display indicating that your Partners password has been changed.
9. Close all applications. Log out of your computer immediately and log in with your new
Partners password. A reboot is not required. Note: An email is sent to your inbox as a
record of the change.
Your LOG ON/USER NAME is a constant. It is a combination of your initials followed by a number. It will appear
as such when you enter it.
Your KEY is assigned by the Partners computer system. It is a 5-character set of letters and/or numbers that
appear as asterisks (*) when entered. This is for purposes of confidentiality. You need your KEY to access
patient information. Use only LOWER CASE.
You will need to create your own PASSWORD.
DO NOT SHARE OR USE ANYONE ELSE’S KEY or PASSWORD.
Please be aware that you must be at a Partner’s workstation to complete the following:.
How do I find my BICS Key:
START MENU > PARTNERS APPLICATIONS > UTILITIES > PARTNERS KEY LOOKUP
If you feel your key has been compromised:
Enter BICS ON THE START MENU:
Enter your present KEY (as above)
Please note: Your key will be deleted when your privileges expire. See date on confirmation letter.
Accessing Patient Information
1. You will need to enter the “BICS” system for patient information. Either look for the “BICS” icon (Blue
Shield) on the desk top or go to “PARTNERS APPLICATION” and scroll down to BICS.
2. Double click, wait for dark blue screen and key request.
3. Enter key (lower case)
4. Enter system “CI” (Clinical Information) / ”UT” (Utilities) / ”NU” (Nursing)
5. Request patient information. Enter patient’s name, medical record number or unit ex: 14A
6. You are now in the patient’s information screen.
Scroll to view screens
View “Information (Registration/Fiscal) for Insurance/demographics etc
“Escape” key Esc (upper left) to return to previous screen
7. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO Log off by either CLICKING ONTO YELLOW PADLOCK
on the lower right hand corner of your screen or to the “START MENU LOG OFF”
IF YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD or HAVE ANY OTHER COMPUTER ISSUES, Call the Help Desk at 617-732-5927.
As a reminder in order to maintain uninterrupted computer access please renew your privileges yearly 4 weeks
before your date of birth.
BWH Credentialing Team
Center for Nursing Excellence