Microorganisms Vocabulary Test__ ____Name___________________
Microorganism Multi-celled organism Germs Beneficial
Fungus Bacteria Algae Harmful
Single-celled organism Virus Amoebas
Use the word bank above to fill in the correct vocabulary word to make the definition complete.
Use the words only one time.
1. A ____________________ is a living thing that can be seen only with a microscope. They
can be harmful or beneficial.
2. Bad germs that cause disease, or damage something alive so that another microorganism can
cause disease, are said to be ____________________.
3. Tiny organisms, or living things, that can cause disease are called ________________.
4. A ________________________ is a single-celled or multi-celled organism that because it
cannot move around or make its own food must feed on dead organisms. (multi-celled include
mushrooms, single-celled include yeast and mold.)
5. A ________________________ is a one-celled organism that can feed and rid itself of waste,
regulate its own water balance, and reproduce.
6. A ________________________ is a single-celled organism that relies on living cells to
reproduce and can change upon reproduction.
7. Good germs that do something to help plants or animals stay alive are called
8. A ________________________ is an organism which has different cells with different jobs.
These cells may or may not have a nucleus, but generally have all or most of the 6 or 8 organelles
considered normal for animal or plant cells.
9. Animal-like one-celled organisms which eat microscopic organisms like bacteria are called
10. A ________________________ is a one-celled organisms with no nucleus.
11. Plant-like one-celled organisms which contain chloroplasts are called
Bonus: 2 pts each
12. How can algae be helpful?
13. What type of cell do amoebas resemble?