Compulsory E-Filing Of Income Tax Return
Online filing of return is compulsorily required by certain assessees. Individuals & HUFs are
required to file their returns online if the total income is above Rs. 10 lakhs. Earlier, the e-
filing was optional till FY 2010-11 but from FY 2011-12 & onwards e-filing has been made
compulsory if total income exceeds Rs. 10 lakhs. Government will not allow them an option to
file their return offline any more but still while filing return through online they have an
option of filing their return with or without digital signature. But there are some cases in
which government along with online return filing has also mandated certain class of assessee
to file online return only with the digital signature.
Compulsory E-filing with or without Digital signatures –
• An Individual or HUF whose total income in the previous year exceeds Rs. 10 lacs.
• An Individual or HUF being a resident, having assets (including financial interest in
any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India and
required to furnish the return in Form ITR-2 or ITR-3 or ITR-4, as the case may be.
Compulsory E-filing only with Digital signatures –
• An Individual & HUF who are required to get their books of accounts audited u/s
• A firm who is required to get their books of accounts audited u/s 44AB.
• A company who is required to file in Form ITR -6.
The most important significance of using digital signature while filing income tax return is
such that you do not have to submit a physical copy of the return to Income Tax Department
CPC, Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Office, Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka.
E-filing has lot of advantages in comparison to filing it manually. Thus one can opt
for the same rather than opting for the filng income tax return manually. The
advantages of e-filing are as follows -
• E-filing has made the entire process faster & accurate.
• It can be filed at anytime & anywhere.
• Privacy can be protected.
• Faster processing of Income Tax Return.
• Quick Refunds, if any.
So, e-filing has been made mandatory for Individuals & HUF, if his total income for Financial
Year 2011-12 onwards exceeds Rs. 10 lakhs. This mandatory online filing of tax return will
benefit Individuals in the entire manner as e-filing is shorter and accurate process.
Key Benefits after Filing Income Tax Return through Online To Online ITR Filers Are
• Online ITR Filers can check their ITRV Receipt Status just by providing their PAN No.
• They can also check the Income Tax Return Processing Status.
• Refund Status can also be verify, if any
• Refund Failure Reason, if any
• Requesting for Re-issue of Refunds
• Requesting for Issuing or Re-Issuing of Intimation u/s 143
• Online Filing of Income Tax Return Rectification against Intimation u/s 143(1).
The sole object of Taxmantra.com is to make your life easy as our tax experts file your return
of income. Taxmantra.com offers excellent tax support in addition to filing of return of income
and comprehensive tax planning. So online income tax filing with Taxmantra.com is obviously
a better experience. Get in touch with us to file online tax returns today and stay hassle
Join us in pursuit of simplifying individual taxation! We welcome you to Taxmantra.com for
easy online tax return filing / income tax return filing!
This article has been taken from