TRB – PG – History 2012 (Govt Exam Question Paper)
1. The astronomers Aryabhatta and Varahamihira A) 1377
belonged to which period? B) 1380
A) Maurya C) 1417
B) Kushana D) 1420
C) Harsha 10. Battle of Rakshasa-Tangadi was fought in
D) Gupta A) 1530
2. In which year Mahmud of Ghazni invaded B) 1556
Mathura? C) 1561
A) 1010 D) 1565
B) 1011 11. Arrange the following in chronological order:
C) 1018 I. Shivaji’s coronation
D) 1025 II. Treaty of Purandar
3. Whose original name was Moizuddin Mohammad? III. Shivaji’s invasion of Karnataka
A) Mahmud of Ghazni IV. Shivaji’s death.
B) Iltutmish A) II, I, III and IV
C) Qutbuddin Aibek B) IV, III, II and I
D) Muhammad of Ghor. C) I, II, III and IV
4. The term ‘Chaugan’ was connected to which of the D) III, IV, I and II
following rulers? 12. Match List I correctly with List II and select your
A) Mohammad Ghori answer using the codes given below:
B) Qutbuddin Aibek List I List II
C) Iltutmish a) Sar-i-Naubat 1. Master of ceremonics
D) Balban b) Majumdar 2. Senapati
5. The rebellion of Tughril Khan took place during c) Suranjam 3. Accountant
whose period? d) Dabir 4. Revenue grants
A) Alauddin Khilji Codes:
B) Balban abcd
C) Muhammad-bin-Tughluq A) 1 2 3 4
D) Feroze Shah Tughlug B) 4 3 2 1
6. In which year did Muhammad-bin-Tughluq transfer C) 2 3 4 1
his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad? D) 3 2 4 1
A) 1325 13. Humayun Nama was wrote by Gulbadan Begum,
B) 1326 daughter of Babar. Who wrote Diwan-i-Makfi?
C) 1328 A) Gulbadan Begum
D) 1327 B) Aurangzeb
7. Who built his capital at Siri? C) Jebunnisa
A) Alauddin Khilji D) Shah Jahan
B) Muhammad-bin-Tughluq 14. When did the English East India Company receive a
C) Balban Charter from Queen Elizabeth to trade Eastern
D) Nasiruddin Muhammad Trade for 15 years?
8. Which one of the following is not correctly A) 30 December, 1600
matched? B) 31 December, 1600
A) Dalals – Brokers C) 30 December, 1599
B) Balahar – A corn merchant D) 31 December, 1599
C) Hadis – Acts or words of the Arabian 15. Arrange the following in chronological order:
Prophet I. Aix-La-Chappelle treaty
D) Sarrafs – Money changers and bankers II. Siege of Pondicherry
9. The Italian traveller Nicolo Conti visited III. Treaty of Paris
IV. Battle of Buxar D) Sistine
Of these: 22. Who were the chief actors in the Prologue to the
A) I, II, III and IV drama of Reformation?
B) IV, III, II and I A) Savonarola and John Wycliffe
C) I, III, IV and II B) John Huss and Peter Waldo
D) IV, II, I and II C) Peter Waldo and Wycliffe
16. Which of the following is not connected with the D) Erasmus and Reuchlin
impeachment of Warren Hastings? 23. Who issued Clericis Laicos?
A) Rohilla war A) Pope Alexander VI
B) Maratha war B) Pope Leo X
C) Chait Singh’s case C) Pope Boniface VIII
D) Trial of Nanda Kumar D) None of them
17. Match List I correctly with List II and select your 24. Match List I correctly with List II and select your
answer using the codes given below: answer using the codes given below:
List I List II List I List II
a) Treaty of Purandar 1. 1782 a) France 1.Frederick the Great
b) Treaty of Salbai 2. 1792 b) Prussia 2. Catherine the Great
c) Treaty of Mangalore 3. 1784 c) Austria 3. Louis XIV
d) Treaty of Seringapatam 4. 1776 d) Russia 4. Joseph – III.
A) 1 2 3 4 A) 3 4 2 1
B) 4 3 2 1 B) 4 3 2 1
C) 2 3 1 4 C) 3 1 4 2
D) 4 1 3 2 D) 1 2 3 4
18. When the revenue settlement of Bihar, Bengal and 25. Who wrote the book ‘Persian Letters’?
Orissa was made permanent? A) John Locke
A) February, 1793 B) Montesquieu
B) March, 1793 C) Rousseau
C) April, 1793 D) Bentham
D) May, 1793 26. Who invented Spinning Jenny?
19. The second Maratha war took place during whose A) Kay
period? B) Crompton
A) Cornwallis C) Whitney
B) Wellesley D) Hargreaves
C) Hastings 27. Who introduced Crop Rotation?
D) Dalhousie. A) Townshend
20. The treaty of Sagauli was signed by the British with B) Beakewell
A) Pindaris C) Tull
B) Marathas D) Arthur Young
C) Gorkhas 28. The maxim, “the nobles fight, the clergy pray, the
D) Burmese people pay”, refers to
21. Which of the following is not the painting of A) Glorious revolution
Leonardo-da-Vinci? B) Russian revolution
A) Monalisa C) French revolution
B) The Last Supper D) American revolution
C) The Virgin of Rocks
29. Pitt, the Younger remarked, “Roll up the map of A) Annie Besant and Madam Blavatsky.
Europe it well not be wanted these ten years”. It is B) Col. Olcott and Annie Besant
related to C) Madam Blavatsky and Col. Olcott
A) Battle of Pyramids D) Tilak and Annie Besant
B) Battle of Nile 38. When did Swami Vivekananda start Ramakrishna
C) Battle of Austerlitz Mission?
D) Battle of Trafalgar A) 1896
30. What was the motto of ‘Young Italy’? B) 1897
A) Italy and Unification C) 1875
B) My Italy and My People D) 1878
C) God and the People 39. Who was the Prime Minister of Britain when the
D) Young People and Young Soul Act of 1858 was passed?
31. By which Charter Act Rs. 1 lakh a year was allotted A) Queen Elizabeth
for the promotion of education? B) Palmerston
A) Charter Act of 1813 C) Canning
B) Charter Act of 1833 D) None of them
C) Charter Act of 1853 40. Which sessions of the Indian National Congress
D) None of these were held in Madras before independence?
32. When did Bentinck abolish Sati? A) 1887 and 1927
A) 1815 B) 1887 and 1920
B) 1825 C) 1887 and 1930
C) 1828 D) 1887 and 1890
D) 1829 41. Who was the author of the Aihole inscription?
33. In which year was Jhansi annexed under Doctrine A) Kharavela
of Lapse? B) Pulakesin – II
A) 1848 C) Ravikirti
B) 1849 D) Harsha
C) 1850 42. At present in which country the Khyber and Bolan
D) 1853 passes are situated?
34. When was the University of Bombay established? A) India
A) 1835 B) Pakistan
B) 1852 C) Nepal
C) 1857 D) China
D) 1858 43. Which Veda mentions about Bows and Arrows?
35. Who led the revolt of 1857 at Kanpur? A) Rigveda
A) Nana Sahib B) Samaveda
B) Tantia Tope C) Atharvaveda
C) Bahadur Shah D) Dhanurveda
D) Mangal Pandey 44. Which among the following statements is not true?
36. Who was the founder and editor of the Bengali A) Samiti is the council of elders
Journal Samvad Kaumudi? B) Samiti is the general assembly
A) Rabindranath Tagore C) Sabha is the council of elders
B) Devendranath Tagore D) The prominent God of the later Vedic
C) Dayanand Saraswati period was Prajapati.
D) Rammohan Roy 45. Match List I correctly with List II and select your
37. Who founded the Theosophical Society in 1875? answer using the codes given below:
List I List II A) Ireland
a) Vaishali 1. First Buddhist Council B) America
b) Kashmir 2. Second Buddhist Council C) Britain
c) Rajgriha 3. Third Buddhist Council D) Switzeraland
d) Pataliputra 4. Fourth Buddhist Council 52. The Right to Property was omitted from the list of
Codes: Fundamental Rights by
abcd A) 42 Amendment Act
A) 2 4 1 3 B) 44 Amendment Act
B) 3 4 2 1 C) not at all included in the Fundamental
C) 4 2 3 1 Rights
D) 2 3 4 1 D) not at all omitted from the Fundamental
46. Which among the following statements is correct? Rights
A) Jainism believed in the theory of Karma 53. When was the Planning Commission set up?
B) The world, for the Jaina is not eternal A) January, 1950
C) Jainism followed the middle path B) February, 1950
D) Jainism did not advocate Nirvana C) March, 1950
47. The play, “The Minister’s Signet Ring’ describes D) April, 1950
A) Chandragupta’s victory over Seleucus 54. Which one of the following statements is wrong?
Nicator A) India and China accepted Panchsheel in
B) Chandragupta Maurya’s triumph over the 1954
Nandas B) Bandung Conference was held in 1955
C) Samudragupta’s southern conquest C) Chinese aggression of Ladakh was in 1962
D) Harsha’s defeat by Pulakesin – II. D) Chou En-lai visited India in 1985.
48. Which among the following statements is wrong? 55. Who organized the Champaran Satyagraha?
A) Asoka was Dhamma as piety resulting A) Gandhi
from good deeds inspired B) Patel
B) Asoka saw Dhamma as an attitude of C) Nehru
social responsibility D) Vinoba Bhave
C) To implement the policy of Dhamma 56. When was the first General Election held in India?
Asoka instituted his officers of Dhamma A) 1950
D) The policy of Dhamma did not succeed, B) 1951
because it failed to provide solution to C) 1952
the problems. D) 1953
49. Who was the founder of Saka era? 57. Thirukkural comes under which category?
A) Vikramaditya A) Pattupattu
B) Kanishka B) Ettuthogai
C) Kadphises II C) Padhinenkilkanakku
D) Chandragupta Maurya D) None of these
50. Who were the two key officers controlled the 58. The Uthiramerur inscriptions belong to whose
central administration of the Mauryas? period?
A) The Purohita and the Chief Minister A) Rajaraja – I
B) Mantrins and Yuvaraja B) Rajendra – I
C) The Treasurer and the Chief Collector C) Parantaka
D) The King and Rajukas D) Kulothunga Chola
51. From which Constitution, was the idea of Directive 59. Veli, ma, sei-these denote what?
Principles of State Policy taken? A) Land divisions
B) Measurements of the land 68. Who introduced the Noon Meal Scheme in Tamil
C) Produce of the land Nadu?
D) None of these A) M.G. Ramachandran
60. During the Pallava period, the word ‘Aatchi’ means B) Kamarajar
A) traditional rules and regulations C) Karunanidhi
B) papers and palm leaves to decide the case D) Rajaji
C) evidence of eye witness of the incident 69. Match List I correctly with List II and select your
D) all of these answer using the codes given below:
61. Among the following places, which one was not List I List II
related to temples built by Thirumalai Nayak? a) A Merchants Handbook 1. Bacon
A) Madurai b) Utopia 2. Sir Thomas Moore
B) Srivilliputhur c) New Atlantis 3. In Priase of Folly
C) Tanjore d) Erasmus 4. Florentine.
D) Thirupparangkunram Codes:
62. Kattabomman was the ruler of abcd
A) Pudukkottai A) 4 2 1 3
B) Ramnad B) 4 3 1 2
C) Panchalankurichi C) 1 2 3 4
D) Thiruchi D) 4 3 2 1
63. Who was the founder of the newspaper ‘The 70. Magellan belonged to which country?
Hindu’? A) America
A) T. Madhava Rao B) Spain
B) G. Subramanya Iyer C) Portugal
C) Veeresalingam Bantulu D) Italy
D) Ragunatha Rao 71. When was the Austro-Prussian war fought?
64. When did the Indian Sepoys revolt against the A) 1870
English in Vellore? B) 1871
A) 10 July, 1806 C) 1865
B) 20 July, 1806 D) 1866
C) 11 July, 1806 72. When was the Treaty of Brestlitovsk signed?
D) 26 July, 1806 A) 3 December, 1917
65. Which was the birth place of Subramaniya Siva? B) 3 March, 1917
A) Rameswaram in Ramanathapuram district C) 3 March, 1918
B) Bathlagundu in Madurai district D) 3 December, 1918
C) Tirunelveli 73. The Ship Lusitania belonged to which country?
D) Trichirapalli A) Britain
66. Who was the leader of Abinava Bharat? B) America
A) Subramania Siva C) Germany
B) Vanchinathan D) France
C) Bharathiyar 74. The Allied Powers signed the Treaty of Neuilly with
D) Veer Savarkar whom?
67. Who is known as Hero of Vaikam? A) Turkey
A) Rajaji B) Bulgaria
B) Kamaraj C) Hungary
C) E. V. Ramasamy D) Austria
D) V.O.C 75. When did Soviet Union join the league of Nations?
A) 1931 A) Harihara
B) 1932 B) Devaraya
C) 1933 C) Krishnadevaraya
D) 1934 D) Ramaraya
76. When did Germany attack the Polish corridor? 83. What was the name of the military department
A) 1936 under Vijayanagar rule?
B) 1937 A) Kandachara
C) 1938 B) Diwan-i-Ariz
D) 1939 C) Dandanayak
77. When was the treaty of Lausanne signed? D) None of them
A) 1923 84. “He (Babur) ruled over Badakshan, Kandahar and
B) 1922 Kabul which did not yield sufficient income for the
C) 1921 requirements of the army; in fact in some of the
D) 1920 border territories, the expense of controlling the
78. When did Japan surrender? armies and administration was greater than
A) 14 August, 1945 income,” Who said this?
B) 15 August, 1945 A) Abul Faizi
C) 16 August, 1945 B) Abul Fazl
D) 10 August, 1945 C) Lane Poole
79. When was the Charter of the United Nations D) Ferishta
signed at San Francisco? 85. Match List I correctly with List II and select your
A) May, 1945 answer using the codes given below:
B) June, 1945 List I List II
C) July, 1945 a) Battle of Kanauj 1. 1531
D) August, 1945 b) Battle of Dadra or Daurah 2. 1535
80. Match List I correctly with List II and select your c) Battle of Chausa 3. 1540
answer using the codes given below: d) Fall of Mandu 4. 1539
List I List II Codes:
a) Truman Doctrine 1. May, 1955 abcd
b) Marshall Plan 2. April, 1949 A) 3 1 4 2
c) NATO 3. June, 1947 B) 3 4 2 1
d) Warsaw Pact 4. March, 1947 C) 2 1 3 4
Codes: D) 1 2 3 4
abcd 86. According to Sher Shah’s revenue system what was
A) 4 3 2 1 the share (except Multan) of the state?
B) 1 2 3 4 A) ½ of the produce
C) 3 2 1 4 B) 1/3 of the produce
D) 4 2 3 1 C) ¼ of the produce
81. Astadiggajas, who were there in the court of D) 1/5 of the produce
Krishnadevaraya, were 87. In which year Din-i-Ilahi was promulgated by
A) administrative officers Akbar?
B) architects A) 1571
C) poets B) 1572
D) military officers C) 1582
82. The famous temples Hazara temple and D) 1583
Vithalaswami temple belong to whose period? 88. What was the original name of Jahangir?
A) Khurram C) Kulothunga I
B) Salim D) Rajadhiraja I
C) Khusrau 96. Who was the author of Thiruvasagam?
D) Jahangir A) Appar
89. Which of the following statements is incorrect? B) Sundarar
A) Aurangzeb was the player of Veena C) Andal
B) Aurangzeb discontinued the practice of D) Manikkavasagar
Jharoka Darshana 97. Who gifted a village to 128 Brahmins and named it
C) Aurangzeb abolished Octroi duty on Avani Venda Chaturvedi Mangalam?
tobacco A) Maravarman Sundara Pandya
D) Aurangzeb continued the festival of B) Maravarman Kulasekharan – I
Naurzo C) Jatavarman Sundara Pandya
90. Foreign travelers, Bernier and Travenier who D) None of them
visited during Shah Jahan’s rule belong to which 98. Which among the following is not the cave
A) Italy A) Malaiyadi-k-Kurichi
B) Britain B) Satyagrisvara temple
C) Spain C) Kalugumalai
D) France D) Chokkalingeswara temple
91. Who built the Kailasanatha temple? 99. Malik Kafur invaded which dynasty in the south?
A) Mahendravarma Pallava A) Chola
B) Narasimha Pallava B) Chera
C) Nandivarman C) Pandya
D) Rajasimha D) Pallava
92. Who had the title ‘Chitrakarapuli’? 100. Surappa Nayaka belonged to which Nayakdom?
A) Mahendravarman A) Jinji
B) Narasimhavarman B) Tanjore
C) Nandivarman C) Madurai
D) Rajasimha D) None of these
93. The work Nandikalambagam 101. Which Act introduced Dyarchy at the Centre?
A) describes about Siva A) Govt. of India Act, 1919
B) tells about the conquests of B) Minto – Morley Reforms, 1909
Mahendravarman C) Central Govt. Act of 1935
C) gives details of Narasimhavarman D) 1861 Charter Act
D) provides the history and achievements of 102. In which session of the Indian National Congress
Nandivarman III. was the Complete Independence (Poorna Swaraj)
94. During the Chola period, the Revenue Board was resolution taken?
known as A) Surat
A) Puravuvari Tinaikkalam B) Lahore
B) Nadukankani C) Bombay
C) Mukavetti D) Lucknow
D) Nayakam 103. When did the British Parliament pass the Indian
95. Which Chola king built a temple Amrita Ghatesvara Independence Act?
at Melakadambur? A) July 5, 1947
A) Rajaraja I B) July 18, 1947
B) Rajendra I C) July 20, 1947
D) August 15, 1947
104. Which day was observed by Jinnah as Direct Action
A) 15 August, 1946
B) 17 August, 1946
C) 18 August, 1946
D) 16 August, 1946
105. Who was the Political Guru of Mahatma Gandhi?
D) Dadabhai Naoroji
106. When Hyderabad acceded to the Indian Union?
A) 15 August, 1947
B) 26 December, 1950
C) 26 January, 1950
D) 26 January, 1957
107. Who is known as the Iron Man of India?
A) Dadabhai Naoroji
B) Sardar Patel
C) S.N. Banerjee
108. When did the Constituent Assembly of India
appoint the Drafting Committee?
A) 15 August, 1947
B) 26 November, 1947
C) 26 January, 1950
D) 29 August, 1947
109. Who was the Chairman of the Constituent
A) Dr. Ambedkar
B) Jawaharlal Nehru
C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
D) Dr. Radhakrishnan
110. The words ‘Secular’ and ‘Socialist’ were inserted
into the Preamble of the Constitution of India in