Workshop Rotation Model
Reinventing Sunday School
Why Change from Traditional Sunday School?
• Traditional Sunday School has remained pretty much unchanged
for generations. Learn a bible story, talk about it, do an activity,
go home and soon forget what you learned that day. The next week
you go back and hear a totally different story and so on.
• FunDay School is following a movement in education that stresses
that all children learn differently and we can’t just teach
something one way.
• Retention is the key to learning.
• We remember:
10% of what we READ
20% of what we HEAR
30% of what we SEE
50% of what we SEE and HEAR
70% of what we SAY
90% of what we SAY an DO
100% of what we EXPERIENCE
FunDay School in a Nutshell:
• Teach major Bible stories and concepts through
kid-friendly multimedia workshops:
Art - How Great Thou ART
Drama - ACTS of Faith
Games - Gospel Games
Audio Visual - Prince of Peace Productions Puppets
• The same Bible story is used in all of the
workshops for four weeks--rotating the kids to a
different workshop each week.
Benefits of FunDay School
• Not a “fixed” curriculum-lessons are chosen by the church.
Twelve concepts and stories will be taught for the year.
• Teachers only have to commit for a 4 week period and they get to
teach to their talent by choosing the workshop that fits them
• Shepherds, while committed for the full year, do not have to prep
lessons. Instead, they are the go-to adult for the kids and get to
form relationships with them on their spiritual journey.
• Rooms are decorated in themes that reflect the workshops using
that space and give the WOW effect for those spatial children &
adults and make it a fun place to visit.
Daniel & the Lion’s Den
Grades 1-2 Grades 3-4 Grades 5-6
November 2 ACTS of Faith Gospel Games How Great Thou ART
Heather Gardener Tim Church Rita Roberts
November 9 Gospel Games How Great Thou ART ACTS of Faith
Tim Church Rita Roberts Heather Gardener
November 16 How Great Thou ART ACTS of Faith Gospel Games
Rita Roberts Heather Gardener Tim Church
November 23 Prince of Peace Prince of Peace Prince of Peace
Productions Productions Productions
ALL ALL ALL
Music 9:45 – 10:00
• Gathering music & praise
• Opening--memory verse for the lesson; short intro to the months lesson; prayer
*would like to add in offering
Workshops 10:00 – 10:45
• Introduction/memory verse/Opening Prayer
• Scripture/Bible Story Bible story is told appropriately for each age group.
• Application -- The students will be given an opportunity to explore the Bible story in a
different way each week of the rotation. This may be an art project, a game, drama
or a movie.
• Wrap-up/Prayer connections between the completed activity and the Bible story are
made. Students recite the Bible memory verse. Opportunity for questions.
• Tidy and Dismissal
*if there is extra time we use Journals for reflection