Unit 2 The United Kingdom
The Past Participle as the
Task 1: Try to analyse the following sentences
1. I think the job easy.
2. We make him monitor.
3. I saw a boy crying over there.
4. We heard someone go into the room.
5. My mother allows me to watch TV after I
finish my homework.
Task 2: Try to find the function of the italic
1. So many thousands of terrified people died.
2. The polluted water was to blame.
3. He became inspired when he thought
about helping ordinary people.
4. He got interested in the second theory.
5. She found the door broken in when she
6. He kept the door locked for a long time.
7. I have my hair cut.
Task 3: Please find the sentences from the
text with past participles used as the
1. Now, when anyone refers to England you
find Wales included as well.
2. So to their surprise the three countries
found themselves united…
3. …they were going to get Ireland connected
to the other three….
Task 4: Summary：可以接过去分词作宾补
feel, see, hear, watch, smell, taste, notice, observe
感官动词：watch/ notice/ see/ hear/ listen
/ feel /find 等 + n. /pron. + p.p
I heard the song sung in our school. 我听到在我
Can you smell the food burnt？你能闻到食物糊
• 2.表使役的动词：have, make, get等。
• have /get + n. /pron. + p.p
Speak a little louder to make yourself hear
d by us all. 说话声音大一点，让我们都听
We should work harder to get the work do
ne on time. 我们应该努力工作以按时完成
• 3.表保持某种状态的动词：keep, leave等。
• keep /leave + n. /pron. + p.p
While you were out, you should keep your
doors and windows closed.
4. with his hands (tie);
with many flowers (plant) around the
The thief was brought in with his hands tied
behind his back.
With many flowers planted around the
building, his house looks like a beautiful
with + 宾语+ 宾补（pp/ -ing/adj. / adv./ to do…）
Task 5: Practice
Ss finish the Ex 2 on page 12.
1. have got the house mended
2. have you had your hair cut?
3. have the dictionary delivered
4. haven’t had the film developed
5. found it closed
6. put it repaired
7. got all their money stolen
8. had some flowers sent, had it announced,
had it organized
(to) do/ v-ing / pp. 作宾补的区别：
I saw him take away the dictionary just now.
I saw him taking away the dictionary on the desk
I saw the dictionary taken away by a child.
(to) do 动作全过程已结束
1..The managers discussed the plan that they would
like to see _____ the next year.
A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to
carry out (2000NMET)
答案是C. carried out。过去分词作宾补，表被
2.Though I have often heard this song ______, but
I have never heard you _____ it.
A. singing, sing B. be sung, singing C. sung, sing
D. sung, singing (88NMET)
本题答案是C. sung, sing。第一空格填sung ，过去分词作宾补，
3.She was disappointed to find her suggestion _________.
A. turning down B. to be turned down C. turned down D. to
4.They entered the room and found the child ______ at
A. seated B. seating C. seat D. to seat
5.As soon as she entered the room, the girl caught
sight of the flower _______by her mother.
A. buying B. being bought C. were bought D. bought
答案D, flowers 是短语动词caught sight of 的宾语，
其 后用过去分词作宾补，表示被动 意义
6.---- Good morning. Can I help you ?
----- I’d like to have this package
A. to weigh B. weighed C. be weighed D.
to be weighed (89NMET)
7.He didn’t keep on asking me the time
any longer as he had had his watch
A. to repair B. repaired C. repairing
D. repair (93年高考，上海卷)
• 8.The murder was brought in, with his
hands ________behind his hand.
A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D.
• 9. They kept their eyes _____ upon the
screen as an exciting football match was
A. fixing B. to be fixed C. to fix D. fixed
Task 6: Practice
1. Do Wb. Ex 1 on page 50.
2. Do Ex 2. on page 51.