A D V E R B S of
“Despite, in spite of, although, whereas,
K A R Ş I T L I K gösteren ZARFLAR
• Although / whereas it was ten pm, I decided to go to bed.
• Although / despite the car was expensive, it wasn’t in good
• Although / in spite of the bad weather, I went fishing.
• Hasan is short although / whereas Beyza is tall.
• Hakan bought the shirt whereas / although it was expensive.
• It started to rain yet / although we went on playing
• I decided to watch tv although / whereas she continued
studying her lessons.
• Although / Whereas she has plenty of food, she doesn’t
• I have a bicycle however / although I rarely use it.
• He finished the race however / whereas he injured his leg.
• They live in the same place despite / yet they never visit
• They don’t do any sports although / whereas they are fit.
• although / however I had enough money, I didn’t buy that
• Despite / although he was tired, he went to bed late.
• Despite / although the problems we have, it is nice to live.
• Our teacher was very angry although / yet he didn’t say
• She has got a lot of friends yet / in spite of they don’t meet
• Despite / although the qualities she has, she didn’t get the
• I like English very much although / whereas my students
• In spite of / although its raining heavily, we arrived there on
• They are ugly and expensive yet / although people buy
• We don’t believe horoscopes however / whereas we read
• We believe fortunetellers can’t know future yet / despite we
put the cups upside down whenever we drink coffee.
• Although / however they don’t train hard, they win the
• I hate shopping however / whereas my wife loves.
• In spite of / although their richness, they help no one.
• They don’t train hard yet / although they win the games.
• There was a technical problem whereas / however the
train arrived on time.
• Although / yet the student was late for the exam, he
• We played indoor however / whereas our friends went
• The student was late for the exam yet / whereas he
• Although / in spite of I was thirsty, I didn’t drink
• If you step on your shadow you will have good luck
however / whereas if someone else steps on it you
• I was thirsty however / whereas I didn’t drink anything.
• We know the dangers of the junk food although / yet we
go on eating it.
• Despite / although the hot weather, we stayed in.
• Some countries are very rich yet / whereas others are poor.
• The weather was hot however / although we stayed in.
• Although / yet they were tired, they all went to the party.
• Kamer is lazy however / whereas his brother is hardworking.