This is the way that WE are going
to run through the entire YEAR!
• G - Goals
• A – Attitude
• M – Mind
• E – Effort
G - Goals
• In order to get somewhere, you must set
• It will give you a plan of getting / obtaining
• Successful people plan for their future.
• They use rules as a road map to get to
where they want to go.
A – Attitude
• The way that you look at a situation
is your attitude.
• You should always have a positive
attitude towards things in your life.
• With this good outlook, things will
seem easier and you will be willing to
try more things.
M – Mind
• Simple… use your mind.
• I do not know how else to think about it
besides that, you need to use your mind.
• Think about things… there are always
consequences for your actions.
• Think things through before you do them.
E – Effort
• Effort is the amount of time and care that
you put into anything that you do.
• In order to be successful you need to put
forth good effort.
• If something is not easy to do, try you
• Effort is your ability to try your best at
no matter what you do.
• Now that we just talked about what GAME
means, you are going to think.
• I know that it is the first day of school
but I Know that you can do it.
• Plus think about it, you can not get
anywhere without a plan.
What are your goals?
• Goals for the school year? (at least
• Goals to make School 25 better?
• Goals to make our community better?
• What do you need to do in order to
be successful this year?
• What is attitude and why do you
think that having a good attitude will
help you be a successful learner?
• Do you think that a bad attitude can
affect the way that you learn or do
things in your everyday life?
• You need to use your mind at all
times and get yourself out of
• What happens if you make a mistake?
• Are mistakes OK?
• I think that this is the most
important element that you need to
make sure at all times that you are
doing in order to be successful.
• What would happen if you do not put
forth good effort?
Papa Bear always said…
• ‘If you are going to do
something wrong, better
to do it 100% than to not
try at all.’
Thoughts on this school
• I am hoping that this will be one of
the most beneficial school years of
your lives. I am going to be getting
your ready for the next step of your
life. 7th grade is extremely hard and
we are going to be preparing your for
there for this entire year.
• Does anybody have any questions,
comments, or concerns about what we
are talking about?
• You will be hearing me talk about the
GAME plan for the entire year. We
will be looking at it at least once a
month and adding / manipulating your
GAME plan at least once a month.
• We will have a great year as long as
you try your best and work along with
• Let’s show School #25 why Room 132
is the best class!