Brentwood Christian School
VIP Coordinator Job Description
Leadership Title: Spelling Bee Coordinator
Overall Job Description: Responsible for coordinating and facilitating tasks required for BCS’s
involvement in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – In order to receive the full 20 credit hours, you must
complete the following:
1. Determine calendar and deadlines for the year from the Scripps website. Prepare and
send reminders and follow up to ensure meeting of all deadlines critical for the school’s
involvement in the national bee. In communication with the Principal/Sponsor, select
dates and deadlines for the school level events (classroom bee, and school-wide spelling
2. Prepare and distribute information packets and materials for teachers, families and
school spelling be officials. Distribute study materials to all families of students 1 st -8th
3. Facilitate classroom bees by communicating with teachers. Prepare list of classroom
4. Plan School Spelling Bee: Help select and/or recruit judges, pronouncer, and volunteers;
prepare and bring materials necessary for conducting the bee; meet with judges prior
to bee; plan and outline various responsibilities and rules for judges and participants;
plan, order and print various awards.
5. Co-host School Spelling Bee.
6. Document work to pass on to future Spelling Bee Coordinators.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill and/or ability recommended.
Some experience with academic competitions
Written By: Daphne Allen
Date: June 22, 2010