Once you’re comfortable managing keywords shock the system
and bids, you can start managing ad groups. too much at once,
Your goal is to make sure you’re having the best you may hurt your quality
ad appear with the highest performing keyword score.
Only focus on the top performing ads, and
Remember that there is a cost to testing ads; create a couple permutations at a time. Test for
you will invariably end up putting money into a week or two, pause the lower performing ads,
ads that won’t perform very well, and if you then test the new iterations.
ADVANCED TOOL: ADWORDS EDITOR
AdWords Editor is an excellent application for
improving campaign performance while saving
a lot of time. With AdWords Editor you also
have the ability to work ofﬂine, which means
you can take your work on-the-go.
AdWords Editor was actually developed
internally by Google account managers, to
optimize their own experience. It allows you to
to synch your AdWords account with the
Editor, track your changes, duplicate
campaigns and edit them easily using the ﬁnd
and replace function.
• Pursue some extra AdWords training • Efﬁciently test and build out your
through completing the Google Certiﬁcation keyword list with Copyblogger.
• Easily manage keywords and
• Take part in courses such as this AdWords campaigns with Google AdWords
seminar held by Cardinal Path. Editor.
• For building landing pages, check out some • Implement split tests and multi-variant
of the resources and case studies at Anne testing using Google Website
• Interact with other search engine marketing • If you want to build a website
professionals on the SEMPO (Search Engine without any coding or HTML,
Marketing Professionals Organization) Unbounce makes it easy to create and
website. Participate in forum discussions and test a webpage.
access white papers and industry research.
• Keep track of competitors and test
• Keep up with the policy changes and new your keywords against Google’s with
features by following the Inside AdWords blog. SEMRush and SpyFu.
• Jeremy’s Twitter
• Jeremy’ Facebook
• Jeremy’s website