Valentine's Day is thick with all things named "love". Therefore, today -
February 14 - the world seemed shrouded in the color "pink" and the
people who are in love, want love, or want to re-ignite the love is busy
preparing for flowers, chocolates, or a card is an expression of love.
In fact, many sad things in this day of love ...
A. In a period of two weeks before Valentine's Day, the American gold
jewelry sales (only) cause waste as much as 34 million metric tons. If 1
ton = 1000 kg, well how much waste could be mistaken for it.
2. Most of the roses are sold as Valentine's Day in the United States are
imported from South America, a waste of fossil fuels. Unfortunately,
there are no data on waste rose in Indonesia.
3. Valentine's Day originated from the ancient pagan belief called the
Lupercalia, a celebration which the victim is often stripped, flogged,
and even hit a young woman with hopes of increasing their fertility.
4. Christian martyr, St. Valentine was beheaded on February 14 because of
a marriage in secret.
5. 46 percent of Americans will exchange sweets and chocolates on
Valentine's Day. As a result, 67 percent of Americans are overweight or
6. The first Valentine's Day cards sent by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to
his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London. In fact, Charles
remained ditawanan more than twenty-four years.
7. A recent poll found that one in ten young adults admitted to feeling
lonely, anxious, and depressed during Valentine's Day.
8. Valentine's Day massacre in the most famous in the history of the
current seven Chicago gangsters were shot dead on February 14, 1929 (see