Your DVR Plus
iO TV brings you DVR Plus, which allows you to record and watch
programs from your iO digital cable boxes:
Table of Contents
I Record and play back your program in multiple rooms. Getting Started ..............................................................................................4
I Record up to four shows at the same time while watching
anything you want. Using Your iO TV Remote Control ................................................................6
I Store up to 100 hours of Standard Definition programming Using the Channel Guide ..............................................................................7
or 24 hours of HD programming.
I Pause live programming. Recording TV Programs ................................................................................8
I Manage access to recordings via Parental Controls. Watching Your Recordings ............................................................................9
If you have any questions about DVR Plus, please visit Pausing Live Programs ................................................................................10
Managing Recording Space ........................................................................10
Using Parental Controls To Block Programming ........................................11
DVR Plus is available only with digital cable boxes for iO TV and cannot be used
on outlets using a CableCARD.
Here are some helpful tips for you to know when using DVR Plus: Other Important Information
I You have the ability to watch programs while they are being recorded.
I Viewing your recordings in any room with a digital cable box
I Before recording your program, verify the time and channel of the
Tip: You can watch your DVR recordings from any digital cable box in your
home. For customers with an iO DVR (silver) digital cable box, the program. You must subscribe to the channel to record programming
recordings you scheduled on this digital cable box can only be viewed on on that channel.
the TV connected to this digital cable box. I Currently Picture-In-Picture, instant replay of live TV with the replay button
Tip: If you have both Standard and HD digital cable boxes in your home, (allows you to go back in time to watch earlier parts of a program) and the
and would like to view the program on all of your TVs, you should record the ability to set up manual recordings are not available.
program from the standard digital cable box. Any HD programs you record I Functions on your iO DVR digital cable box (silver box) will continue to
can only be viewed from an HD digital cable box. operate the same way.
I Pausing live programs I To access your DVR Plus recordings, press DVR on your iO DVR
Tip: Press Pause on your remote to pause live programming and resume remote or tune to Ch. 1001. If you have an iO DVR (silver) digital cable box,
it when you want. When using a non-DVR (not silver) digital cable box, you pressing DVR will access programs recorded on that cable box only.
have 15 minutes to resume the program from that paused spot before you You must tune to Ch. 1001 to access multiple-room DVR Plus service when
are automatically returned to live TV. you are using the iO DVR (silver) digital cable box.
Tip: When using a non-DVR (not silver) digital cable box, your recording will
not include any portion of the program that aired prior to pressing Pause .
To assure the entire program is recorded, you should schedule a recording
in advance through the Guide or by pressing and selecting the
"Channel Guide" and pressing Record .
I Resuming play back of recordings in different rooms
Tip: If you would like to continue watching your recording in another room,
press Stop during playback, then go to iO TV Ch. 1001 in the other room
to resume your recording.
Using Your iO TV Remote Control Using the Channel Guide
The Channel Guide is an easy way to find, watch and record TV programs. When
selected, the Channel Guide appears and lists the next 7 days of programs.
POWER DVR FUNCTIONS Find a Program to Watch
1 Activate functions of 18 Display list of recorded
the digital cable box programs
1. Press Guide or to get to the
2 Turn TV on and off 19 Rewind << Main Menu, then SEL “Channel
Play > Guide”.
14 SOUND Fast Forward >>
3 Adjust volume Stop 2. Press the directional keys ( ) to
4 Mute sound Pause move through the program listings and
15 10 20 Record a program highlight the program you want to watch.
11 5 Display channel and 3. Press SEL . If the program is currently on, the Channel Guide closes, and
9 8 program information the program you selected appears in full-screen TV.
16 6 Surf channels, up
17 or down Search for a Program by Title, Channel or Theme
3 6 7 Enter channel
18 4 numbers (also used 1. Press Guide or to get to the Main Menu, then SEL
to enter your PIN “Channel Guide”.
19 for parental control)
8 View favorite channels 2. Press Browse By A . The Browse By area of the Channel Guide
9 Tunes to last channel displays the options: Title, Channel and Theme.
3. Press Move Up or Move Down to highlight one of the
NAVIGATION following options:
10 Page up and down
11 Exit from on-screen • Title, which lists programs alphabetically by program title
12 Browse on-screen • Channel, which lists programs numerically by channel number
menus • Theme, which lists programs by theme
13 Perform various
functions on screen 4. Press SEL . The Browse By area of the Channel Guide displays the
14 Choose highlighted
programs according to the option you selected.
15 Display/change Search for a Program by Date
1. Press Guide or to get to the Main Menu, then SEL
16 Display Main Menu
17 Display Channel Guide
2. Press Date B . The Browse By area of the Channel Guide displays
the next 7 dates.
3. Press Move Up or Move Down to highlight a date.
Note: The two functions you will use most are DVR (#18), which accesses
recorded programs and Record (#20), which allows you to record programs. 4. Press SEL . The Channel Guide displays the programs that will
broadcast on that date.
Recording TV Programs
Record a TV Program from the Channel Guide Record a TV Program from the Search Application
1. Press Guide or to get to the Main 1. Press Guide or to get to the Main Menu, and select Search
Menu, then SEL “Channel Guide”. from the iO Main Menu or press to pull up the Search application.
2. Press Move Up or Move Down 2. Enter Search Criteria and navigate to the desired program.
to highlight a TV program, and then press 3. Select Record from the program options, and then select Accept.
3. In the Confirm Recording screen, choose Edit a Scheduled Recording
your recording options and press A . 1. Press DVR , then press A to get to
The recording program is highlighted in the Scheduled Recordings screen.
red in the Channel Guide. 2. Press Move Up or Move Down
Record a TV Program You Are Watching to highlight the scheduled recording you want
to edit, then press SEL .
1. Press Record . The Confirm
Recording screen appears. 3. Press Move Left or Move Right
to highlight any option you wish to edit.
2. While in the Confirm Recording
screen, choose your recording options 4. Press A to accept changes.
and press A .
Note: Be sure to record your program
Watching Your Recordings
from the beginning. Access and Play Back Your Recorded
Record Multiple Episodes or New First Run
Episodes of a TV Program 1. Press DVR , then press Move Up
or Move Down to choose the program
If you want to record all the episodes you want to play back.
of a program, follow these steps: 2. Press SEL to display your choice.
1. Press Record . 3. After reviewing your selection, press DVR
to select another recorded program, or press
2. Choose All Episodes. Press SEL . any channel to return to watching TV.
Notice the information in the fourth column
changes based on your selection. Bookmark a Recording
Press A . The All Episodes Recording 1. Press DVR , then press Move Up
Options screen appears. or Move Down to choose the program
3. Choose one of the options on the screen. you want to play back.
2. Press SEL to display your choice.
4. Press SEL to save your settings.
3. Start playing your program.
If you want to record new first-run
episodes only, follow these steps: 4. Stop the playback of your program.
5. Resume playback of your program from the
1. Choose All Episodes and press A . previously stopped location from any TV located
2. Highlight First Run only on this channel in your home.
and press SEL .
Note: Be sure that the TV program you’re
recording is currently airing new episodes or Press DVR* or tune to Ch. 1001 to access DVR Plus recordings.
it will not record. * If you have an iO DVR (silver) digital cable box, pressing DVR will bring you to Ch. 1000
to access programs you have recorded to your iO DVR digital cable box. You will need to tune
to Ch. 1001 to access multiple-room recordings.
Play Back an In-Progress Recording Automatically Erase Your Oldest Recordings
1. Press DVR , then go to the Recorded List and select an in-progress Turning Auto Erase on will automatically erase your
recording, which is highlighted red. oldest recordings one by one until there is enough
space to record your new programs.
2. Press SEL to start playing your program.
Note: Any recordings that have a Save Time of
Rewind or Fast Forward your Program “Until I Erase” will not be automatically erased.
1. Press DVR , then press Move Up or Move Down to choose 1. Press DVR , and press B to display the
the program you want to play back. Preferences screen.
2. Press SEL to display your options. 2. Choose Turn ON Auto Erase.
3. Press SEL to start playing your program.
3. Press SEL .
4. Press Rewind or Fast Forward on your remote to control
the program. Erase a Single Title
View Program in Slow Motion 1. Press DVR to see your recordings.
1. Press DVR , then press Move Up or Move Down to choose 2. Using the directional keys ( ), highlight the title you want to erase.
the program you want to play back.
3. Press SEL for Options/Play. Using the directional keys ( ), highlight
2. Press SEL to start playing your program. Erase and press SEL . Press A to erase or to cancel.
3. Press Play while in playback mode to view the program
in slow motion. Using Parental Controls To Block Programming
Pausing Live Programs If you already set up Parental Controls (Block PIN) on a digital cable box, then the
current settings will automatically block programs recorded with DVR Plus from being
Pause Live TV allows you to pause a viewed unless a Block PIN is entered.
Live TV show for up to 15 minutes Setting Up Your Block PIN
1. Press Pause while watching Live TV. Note: You must set up a Block PIN for each digital cable box in your household. If you
2. Press Play to resume your recording have already set up a PIN for each box, you will need to enter that PIN to change
or press Exit to return to Live TV. these settings.
1. Press SETTINGS twice.
Managing Recording Space
2. At the General Settings menu, press Move Up or Move Down
How Much Recording Space Do I Have? to highlight “Block: PIN,” then press SEL .
1. Press DVR , then press B to display 3. Press Move Up or Move Down to highlight “Enable,”
the Preferences screen, which displays then press SEL .
the percentage of space used.
4. Enter a new PIN.
Note: You can Rewind or Fast
Forward a program you have recorded. 5. Re-enter new PIN for confirmation.
If you have exceeded the household’s recording 6. Press Exit to return to watching TV.
space, future programs cannot be recorded.
Once your Block PIN has been created, you will be able to block
programming by rating and title.
Block Shows with Certain Ratings
Note: Follow procedures on all digital cable boxes in your household. Block by
rating is your best protection against unauthorized viewing of content you deem
unsuitable for other household members. For additional parental control features,
1. Press SETTINGS twice.
2. At the General Settings menu, press Move Up or Move Down to
highlight “Block: Rating,” then press SEL .
3. Press Move Up or Move Down to highlight the rating you wish to
block, then press SEL .
4. Repeat step 3 above for ALL ratings that you wish to be blocked.
5. Parental Blocks do not take effect until you turn on the Parental Control
feature using the Quick Settings menu. To turn on Parental Control,
press SETTINGS on your remote. Press Move Up or Move
Down to highlight “Turn ON Parental Control” and press SEL .
Enter your PIN. This will activate the Parental Control on the channels
you have selected previously.
Block Shows with Certain Titles
1. Press DVR .
2. Press B on the remote to access DVR Plus preferences.
3. Select the "Block: Titles" option.
4. Enter your 4-digit PIN.
Block by Individual Program
1. Press DVR and then press Move Up
or Move Down to choose a program.
2. Press SEL to display your choice.
3. Press Move Up or Move Down ,
then press SEL to block your program.