IRPA 12 GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS ON THE PREPARATION OF
1. Poster dimensions are limited to 0.90 m x 1.40 m. (Actual size of the poster panel: height: 2 m;
width: 1 m). As the poster panel will be placed standing on the ground, we advise you to use the
above-mentioned usable size of the panel (see figure). To attach your poster on the panel,
adhesives are recommended; the Congress will provide them.
Topical Session and ID number (will be
Max. 90 cm. indicated on the poster panel)
Max. 140 cm.
2. Poster material should be prepared with printing large enough to be viewed easily from a distance
of 1.5 m. Lettering should be at least 20-30 mm high for the poster title and for headers and at
least 10 mm for standard text. Drawings and charts should be simple with bold lines.
3. Each poster must have a top label indicating, a) the title of the paper, b) the names of the authors,
and c) their affiliations. It is recommended to include also a photograph of the presenting author,
attached on the right side of the poster title (upper right corner) and the name of the representative
at the Best Poster Award Ceremony (if different of the presenting author).
4. Text should be restricted to key words and short sentences. Hardcopies of the manuscript (full
paper) are not recommended as poster.
5. All posters will be exhibited at the Poster Room. Because of limited presentation space, authors
are requested to observe the time of poster mounting and removal that will announced at the IRPA
12 website after August 2008.
6. Posters not removed at the indicated time limit will be discarded by the IRPA12 organisation
7. It is suggested that you bring 50 copies of a handout of your poster material, not to exceed 4
pages. Place this handout at your poster for distribution to the attendees.
8. During the poster viewing and discussion periods, at least one of the authors should be at the
poster room. It is suggested that authors of odd-numbered posters stand at their posters during the
first half of the poster viewing and discussion period, while those of even-numbered posters
during the second half of the poster session.
9. The IRPA 12 Organizing Committee is glad to inform that IRPA 12 will grant 10 Best Poster
Awards, (one for each IRPA 12 Scientific Area), to those authors who display their work most
effectively. The winners will be chosen on the basis of the following criteria: visual design,
intellectually compelling content and overall excellent communication with the audience.
Designated members of the IRPA 12 Programme Committee will do the voting. The award
winners will be announced during the IRPA 12 Final Plenary Session on Friday 24th October, and
one author or his/her representative must be present at the Ceremony to receive the award.