Branches of Biology & Careers
Search for the meaning of 12 of the following branches of biology (3 from each column):
Paleontology phycology entomology bacteriology
Evolution ornithology herpetology ichthyology
Agriculture mycology agronomy virology
Horticulture limnology teralotology anthropology
Pharmacology exobiology toxicology biotechnology
Embryology biotechnology bioegeography histology
Parasitology anatomy immunology physiology
Oceanography economic zoology oncology botany
Marine biology pathology cytology genetics
Molecular biology zoology
A. Career Exploration: Use the internet to research the following questions.
Click on Site ID
Enter 0034778 and Password: apple
Choose the “Choices Explorer” then the blue “work” button.
Go to the “Your School Subject” and click on “Biology”
B. Select a branch of biology to research.
Research your selected area of biology and be sure to include the following
information as well as anything else significant about your career:
1. What do these people study?
2. What do you call people who study this branch of biology?
3. Give examples of careers related to this area of study.
4. Why is this branch of biology important to us?
5. What do these people do?
6. Is there any special interest or research going on right now?
7. What is the average annual salary?
8. What level of education is needed to work in this field?
C. The Poster: After you have completed your research for B, open up a word document and
create a branch of biology 8”x10” poster.
1. Be sure to include the following:
Title Your Names
Information from Part B Bibliography
2. Print out the paper and hand it in