DRHS Panther Pride Association (PPA) Pride Club
Formation and Operation of Pride Clubs:
The formation of PPA Pride Clubs were initiated to support DRHS sports or clubs
to include reaching their fundraising goals, therefore PPA fundraising rules and
1. Prior to initiating any activities or fundraising efforts on behalf of a Pride
Club, an application (enclosed) must be submitted to the PPA. In the
application, officers, the coach/advisor, and all fundraising activities must
be specified. All fundraising goals must be noted with proposed dates and
types of fundraisers along with dollar amounts projected to be raised and
what the funds will be used for. Fundraiser requests must be made no
less than 30 days prior to event. Any exceptions will be at the board’s
discretion. Once approved, the Pride Club can proceed with fundraising.
No donations can be solicited using PPA’s Federal Tax ID number, unless
such solicitation of donations has been requested on a fundraiser request
form. If donations are solicited without prior approval, such donations
would belong to the Panther Pride Association to be used for the general
2. Adults must be primarily responsible for all fundraisers and must raise
funds. All funds raised should be counted in the presence of two officers,
or advisor/coach and one officer, to insure accuracy before submitting to
PPA. No co-mingling of funds between PPA and ASB is permitted under
3. Once the fundraising event is completed, the deposit with enclosed Funds
Deposit Form must be submitted to the PPA for deposit into Pride Club
4. At the end of the fiscal year a list all fundraisers and dollar amounts raised
must be submitted to PPA for IRS audit purposes.
5. All Pride Clubs should make an effort to send a representative to PPA
meetings to be held the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
6. The Pride Club advisor or coach along with the parent representatives will
decide on the use of funds raised, with the intention of bettering the
students’ abilities, goals, and needs. The Pride Club representatives will
support the advisor/coach to the best of their abilities remembering that
the students are the recipients of their labors. All equipment purchases
must fall within PUSD guidelines.
Last update 6/16/2012