This Demographic Analysis Worksheet is used by businesses to understand the
characteristics of specific populations within its customer base. A demographics
analysis is used in business planning to provide insight about its target markets, identify
market potential and establish an effective marketing and sales strategy. This
document provides guidance for businesses to perform a demographic analysis and
includes a worksheet that can be customized to fit the specific needs of the business.
Industry Profiles & Outlooks
If it is not possible to obtain ALL of the necessary information to complete your analysis from
these sources, consider conducting your own independent surveys and/or interviews.
The two-part worksheet below serves as a guide for completing a thorough demographic analysis
and should be modified to meet your personal, business, or organizational needs and objectives.
Part I. DEMOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
1. Answer each of the questions in this section to the best of your ability.
2. Add or omit questions as necessary.
3. Prepare a separate response for each target market or customer base being considered.
4. Provide a detailed explanation of the pros and cons for each of your responses.
5. Determine which demographic factors are most impactful to your business and list them
in order of importance.
Part II. MARKET DEMOGRAPHICS COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
1. Once you have completed Part I, use the worksheet in Part II to compare the most
important demographic factors across your targeted markets.
© Copyright 2010 Docstoc Inc. 2
Population Size and Composition Factors:
Avg. Household Size?
# Of Households?
# Of Children?
Per Capita Income?
Leisure Time Activities?
© Copyright 2010 Docstoc Inc. 3
MARKET DEMOGRAPHICS COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
Demographic Target Market 1 Target Market 2 Target Market 3
(Listed in order of Importance)
© Copyright 2010 Docstoc Inc. 4