All of the following are key steps to successful career planning except:
a. be willing to change career goals and plans.
b. aligning yourself with historical employment trends.
c. create your career goal and plan.
d. identifying your values.
2. Your ________ determine(s) the unique approach you take to working with and responding
to your job requirements, surroundings, and associates.
c. work-style personality
d. interest inventory
3. To assign monetary values to employee benefits, you can place a market value on the benefit
or calculate the ________ value of the benefit.
4. Which type of résumé lists your career related experiences?
a. summary format
b. chronological format
c. skills format
d. functional format
5. A ________ is the most important part of your employment search.
a. cover letter
b. job interview
c. writing a résumé
d. reference letter
6. ________ are the principles, standards, or qualities considered worthwhile.
7. A firm specializing in locating employment positions for certain types of employees, such as
secretaries, salespeople, engineers, managers, and computer personnel is a(n):
a. employment agency.
b. career planner.
d. career fair.
8. Having to decide between working in an urban or suburban setting, working 9 to 5 or a
flexible schedule, or working near or far from family are examples of:
a. interest inventories.
c. your work-style inventory.
d. life-style trade-offs.
9. A summary record of your education, training, experience and other qualifications is your:
a. cover letter.
b. interest inventory.
d. work-style inventory.
10. ________ are forms of remuneration provided by employers to employees that result in the
employee not having to pay out-of-pocket for certain expenses.
a. Flexible spending accounts
b. Non-salary benefits
c. Bonus accounts
d. Employer gifts