Docstoc

BULACAN HERITAGE DAY TOUR Option TIME Description

Document Sample
BULACAN HERITAGE DAY TOUR Option TIME Description Powered By Docstoc
					                BULACAN HERITAGE DAY TOUR

Option 1

TIME                                             Description
6:00 AM          Depart from Manila
7:00- 8:00 AM    Breakfast at Citang’s Kakanin
                 Sta. Isabel, Malolos
8:15-9:00 AM     Barasoain Church and Lights     Barasoain Church of Our Lady of Carmel
                                                 - From 1871 - 1978, a stone church was
                 and Sounds Museum Malolos       constructed to replace an earlier one
                                                 made of wood, but an earthquake in
                                                 1880 ruined the church. Beginning
                                                 1885, the Augustinian Jian Giron
                                                 contracted the services of a builder
                                                 known only as Magpayo, who rebuilt
                                                 the church from its foundations using
                                                 variations of a circular motif. Proclaimed
                                                 by the President of the Revolutionary
                                                 Government, Emilio Aguinaldo, the
                                                 church became the seat of the short-
                                                 lived Philippine Republic and site of the
                                                 first constitutional convention which
                                                 convened with much fanfare from
                                                 September 15, 1898 to the last week of
                                                 February 1899 under the presidency of
                                                 Pedro A. Paterno. Among the important
                                                 measures passed by the congress was
                                                 the Malolos Constitution drafted chiefly
                                                 by Felipe G. Calderon. It was restored to
                                                 its original splendor for the Philippine
                                                 Centennial celebration in 1998. Also
                                                 featured are the NHI Barasoain Light
                                                 and Sound Museum and Ecclesiastical
                                                 Museum.
9:10-9:40 AM     Casa Real Shrine                The shrine was built in 1580 and served
                                                 as the seat of the government of the
                                                 town of Malolos during the Spanish and
                                                 American occupation.It also served as
                                                 the office of the National Museum and
                                                 National Printing Press during the first
                                                 Philippine     Republic     where       the
                                                 revolutionary organs La Independencia,
                                                 El Heraldo de la Rovolucion, Kalayaan
                                                 and Kaibigan ng Bayan were printed. At
                                                 present, it is a museum and library
                                                 under the administration of the
                                                 National Historical Institute. It was
                                                 restored in 1852.
9:50-10:15 AM    Basilica Minore of Malolos      The church which is the seat of
                                                 the Diocese of Malolos is the
                                                 bastion of faith for the past
                                                 centuries. In recognition of
                                                 Bulacan's undying love for Mary,
                                                 Pope John Paul II declared this
                                                cathedral "Basilica Minore of the
                                                Immaculate Conception" on
                                                December 4, 1999.




10:30-11:00 AM   Kameztisuhan Street            Kamestizuhan Street
                                                Malolos City, Bulacan
                 Running Tour of old houses     A row of ancestral houses that are steep
                                                in history: Estrella and Pariancillo Sts. on
                                                where stands the Ejercito House which
                                                was the Department of War of the First
                                                Philippine Republic. On the left side of
                                                Pariancillo St. is the Cervantes House
                                                which is the Tiongson House with its
                                                intricate balustered windows that used
                                                to be the Commisaria de Guerra. The
                                                Adriano House has been beautifully
                                                restored and today serves as the
                                                Meralco Building. It was the Gobierno
                                                Militar de la Plaza. Just across it is a
                                                structure with sealed half-moon
                                                balconies that once served as the Carcel
                                                or jail. On the left are the ruins that
                                                mark the place where Jose Rizal's
                                                historic letter To the Women of Malolos
                                                was read. The Bautista House, ornately
                                                sculpted with neo-classic touches, was
                                                the Secretaria de Fomento. The Reyes
                                                House with its weather vane and
                                                octagonal rose window was the
                                                Secretaria de Exterior or Department of
                                                Foreign Affairs. Finally, the Convento
                                                which served as the Palacio Presidencial
                                                de Aguinaldo.
11:00-11:30 AM   Shopping at Tatak Bulakenyo    Souvenir Items and
                                                pasalubongs
11:45-12:30 NN   Lunch at Carmen’s (native
                 food) Longos, Malolos

12:30-1:30 PM    Shopping at Tatak Bulakenyo    Souvenir Items and
                                                pasalubong




2:00-3:00 PM     Apun Iru Gatbuca, Calumpit,    Known as “Pottery Country” , Apu Iru
                                                Gatbuca is the biggest producer of pots
                 Bulacan and afternoon snacks   in the whole of Bulacan. Local artisans
                                                transform an ordinary mass of clay into
                                                an exquisite work of art- some of which
                                                are even made into glazed decorative
                                                ceramics.
3:45-4:30 PM   Meycauayan Jewelry Art,     The intricate craftsmanship and
                                           painstaking creative dedication that the
               Meycauayan, Bulacan         town's jewelers pour into their
                                           creations have made the town the
                                           leading producer of silver and gold
                                           jewelry in the country. As a living
                                           museum of the town's famous jewelry
                                           art, the Philippine Jewelry Center was
                                           built to showcase the craftsmanship of
                                           notable goldsmiths and silversmiths.
                                           The edifice has an area of 2,100 sq. m.
                                           (three storey) seating on a lot of about
                                           1,000 sq.m. located inside the Provincial
                                           Sports Complex in Pandayan,
                                           Meycauayan, Bulacan. It is about 2 kms
                                           away north of Maycauayan Municipal
                                           Hall and 30 kms away north of Quezon
                                           City. It serves as a one-stop service
                                           center for jewellers of Bulacan and
                                           other provinces. Facilities such as
                                           training center, display room, common
                                           service and laboratory facilities, and
                                           business center serve to complete the
                                           formation of an innovative concept in
                                           global competition.
5:00 PM        Departure from Meycauayan
               Jewerly
6:00 PM        Arrive in Manila




                      End of Tour
Option 2



               BULACAN HERITAGE DAY TOUR

TIME            Place                              Description

6:00 A.M.       Depart Manila

7:00-8:00 AM    Breakfast at Eurobake              Original Ensaymada in Malolos,
                                                   Bulacan
                 Guiguinto, Bulacan

8:15-8:45 AM    Barasoain Church and Lights and    Barasoain Church of Our Lady of Carmel -
                                                   From 1871 - 1978, a stone church was
                Sounds Museum, Malolos,            constructed to replace an earlier one made
                                                   of wood, but an earthquake in 1880 ruined
                                                   the church. Beginning 1885, the Augustinian
                                                   Jian Giron contracted the services of a
                                                   builder known only as Magpayo, who rebuilt
                                                   the church from its foundations using
                                                   variations of a circular motif. Proclaimed by
                                                   the President of the Revolutionary
                                                   Government, Emilio Aguinaldo, the church
                                                   became the seat of the short-lived Philippine
                                                   Republic and site of the first constitutional
                                                   convention which convened with much
                                                   fanfare from September 15, 1898 to the last
                                                   week of February 1899 under the presidency
                                                   of Pedro A. Paterno. Among the important
                                                   measures passed by the congress was the
                                                   Malolos Constitution drafted chiefly by Felipe
                                                   G. Calderon. It was restored to its original
                                                   splendor for the Philippine Centennial
                                                   celebration in 1998. Also featured are the
                                                   NHI Barasoain Light and Sound Museum and
                                                   Ecclesiastical Museum.
9:00-9:15 AM    Casa Real Shrine, Malolos City,    The shrine was built in 1580 and served as
                                                   the seat of the government of the town of
                Bulacan                            Malolos during the Spanish and American
                                                   occupation.It also served as the office of the
                                                   National Museum and National Printing Press
                                                   during the first Philippine Republic where the
                                                   revolutionary organs La Independencia, El
                                                   Heraldo de la Rovolucion, Kalayaan and
                                                   Kaibigan ng Bayan were printed. At present,
                                                   it is a museum and library under the
                                                   administration of the National Historical
                                                   Institute. It was restored in 1852.



9:20-9:35 AM    Basilica Minore of Malolos City,   The church which is the seat of the
                                                   Diocese of Malolos is the bastion of
                Bulacan                            faith for the past centuries. In
                                                   recognition of Bulacan's undying love
                                                   for Mary, Pope John Paul II declared this
                                                   cathedral "Basilica Minore of the
                                                   Immaculate Conception" on December
                                                      4, 1999.




                                                      A row of ancestral houses that are steep in
10:30-11:00 AM   Kameztisuhan Street Running          history: Estrella and Pariancillo Sts. on where
                 Tour of old houses                   stands the Ejercito House which was the
                                                      Department of War of the First Philippine
                                                      Republic. On the left side of Pariancillo St. is
                                                      the Cervantes House which is the Tiongson
                                                      House with its intricate balustered windows
                                                      that used to be the Commisaria de Guerra.
                                                      The Adriano House has been beautifully
                                                      restored and today serves as the Meralco
                                                      Building. It was the Gobierno Militar de la
                                                      Plaza. Just across it is a structure with sealed
                                                      half-moon balconies that once served as the
                                                      Carcel or jail. On the left are the ruins that
                                                      mark the place where Jose Rizal's historic
                                                      letter To the Women of Malolos was read.
                                                      The Bautista House, ornately sculpted with
                                                      neo-classic touches, was the Secretaria de
                                                      Fomento. The Reyes House with its weather
                                                      vane and octagonal rose window was the
                                                      Secretaria de Exterior or Department of
                                                      Foreign Affairs. Finally, the Convento which
                                                      served as the Palacio Presidencial de
                                                      Aguinaldo.


11:30-1:00 AM    Shopping at Tatak Bulakenyo          Souvenir items and pasalubongs

2:00-2:30 PM     Pulilan Butterfly Haven and          Located along San Francisco Street, this
                                                      butterfly sanctuary is also a perfect place for
                 Lunch                                nature lovers where they can witness the
                                                      butterfly's fascinating life cycle, enjoy lush
                                                      greenery which provide an ideal habitat for
                                                      the butterflies and experience nature in an
                                                      oasis of beauty and tranquility with
                                                      butterflies flitting from one flower to
                                                      another. Entrance fee: P50 Open: Monday -
                                                      sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. For further info,
                                                      contact Ms. Carina Santiago, Mobile 0918-
                                                      778-4305, Tel. No. (63 44) 676-1377 (Fe
                                                      Magtalas)


3:30-4:30 PM     San Miguel Old Houses Simon-Tecson   Three sons of original owners were all
                 Mansion House                        officers of the revolutionary army of Gen.
                                                      Emilio Aguinaldo. For sometime, this house
                                                 was used as the headquarters of Aguinaldo.
                                                 The house is now owned by Mr. and Mrs.
                                                 Cenen Mendiola. Simon Tecson is the
                                                 Original Owner.




4:30 PM   PM   Biak na Bato Cave, San Miguel,    Biak-na- Bato, nature park located 12
                                                 kilometers from municipality of San
               Bulacan
                                                 Miguel de Mayumo, provides a unique
                                                 eco-adventure steeped in history. It is a
                                                 mountain gorge sliced by the Balaong
                                                 River that flows from Calumpit in
                                                 Bulacan and empties into Candaba
                                                 Swamp in Pampanga.



5:30 PM        Snacks and Departure going back
               to Manila



               Arrive Manila




                      =-End of Tour-=

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:100
posted:6/14/2012
language:
pages:6