Section A: Directed Writing
[ 35 marks]
You are advised to spend about 45 minutes on this section.
You find that the generation gap between teenagers and their parents is
widening. You are very concerned and write a letter to the editor of a local
newspaper giving your suggestions about how the problem can be reduced.
Below are the suggested ideas that you would include in your letter.
Some of my suggestions
* parents talk to teenagers
* parents listen to teenagers
* parents monitor teenagers activities
* parents lay down house rules
* parents are flexible
* parents know friends’ parents
* family outings
* eating together
* celebrate teenagers’ achievements
* parents tell teenagers they love them
You should use all the points given above.
When writing the letter, you should remember to:
* use the correct format for an informal letter
* elaborate on the points
* start and end your letter correctly.