Platforms to use
The following publishers offer Pay Per Click (PPC)
Google Pay Per Click
• Go to www.google.com
• Sign up for a Google account
• Sign up for Google Adsense – the pay per client platform
• At www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount
• The platform will walk through how to set everything
Tip: Google is the most used search engine in the country. Therefore, it is likely to
be the best PPC platform for you.
Understanding Google Adwords
• The main category of the PPC group.
Campaigns • Example: Jewelry
• Within Campaigns, these are Keyword
Adgroups • Example: Necklace & Bracelet = 2
PPC Main Components
Understand your PPC Goals and Objectives
Create a PPC strategy to reach Goals and Objectives
Build campaign Adgroup titles
PPC Strategy (cont.)
Pick Keywords that have high traffic but low competition (use
adwords “keyword tool”)
Get buy-in from team, manager, and/or client
Create campaign in Google Adwords, use Adword platform and tools
(Google Adwords customer service is great for help)
When picking a keyword it is important to consider how people will search for you
Campaign – Jewelry
Adgroup – Necklaces
Keywords – Gold Necklace, Silver Necklace
Tip: Make sure the keywords are inclusive of the
Find beautiful but affordable necklaces here. Buy now!
• Headline “Inexpensive Necklace” should be the same as the keyword.
• It is good to pick the most popular/most clicked keyword.
• The copy should relate to the campaign, benefit for the target audience,
include a call to action like “Buy now!”, and end with a hyperlink url for
users to click.
When a potential customer clicks on the ad’s url link, it brings
them to a webpage, called the Landing Page.
Learn more about landing pages at:
Track and Measure
• Use Adwords “Reporting” tab to measure the following:
• Keywords & Ads
• Negative Keyword Report – include keywords that you do
not want associated with your campaign, and do not want to
waste clicks on.
Tip: Cancel low performing keywords and ads and create news ones with same
concept as successful keywords and ads.
Set up and use Google Analytics platform
Track landing page clicks, bounce rates & bounce
• ind where visitors are leaving your site and improve those
pages so you can better ensure that click pathways are followed
all the way to check out.
• ou can do this by measuring the traffic to the thank you page.
To learn more about online advertising and pay per
click visit www.kulinmarketing.com