• To read aloud with intonation and expression
appropriate to the grammar and punctuation
(sentences, speech marks, exclamation
• To secure the use of simple sentences in
• To identify and discuss characters,
expressing own views and using words and
phrases from texts.
• Whole class reading.
• Whole class writing – a Venn
• Who an I? writing.
• Cloze procedure (ICT or written
How will I know I have
achieved the learning
• I will have read aloud and paused at full
• I will have read with expression.
• I will have told my partner what I think
about the two versions of Little Red Riding
Hood and which I like best.
• I will have written sentences about
characters or changed words in sentences.