Genetics & Disease
Week 12 Study Guide
oncology Hodgkin's Disease
Check out this multimedia overview of cancer: http://www.insidecancer.org/
1. Distinguish between malignant and benign tumors.
2. Describe the pathogenesis of cancer. (include apoptosis, malignant, and metastasis)
3. List several general factors which put a person at risk for cancer.
List specific factors for the following cancers:
4. What is a larger determinant for cancer, genetics or environment?
5. Describe various treatments for cancer.
chemotherapy (describe chemotherapy and explain how pharmacogenetics can help)
alternative and complimentary treatments (acupuncture, massage, herbal, chiropractic)
6. Describe the symptoms and effects of cancers involving various body organs.