Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT)
About the Job
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, June 8, 2012 to Thursday, June 14, 2012
Fort Meade's misison is providing the required infrastructure, a safe and secure community, and a quality of life the enables Fort Meade to be the Center of
Excellence in Information, Intelligence, and Cyber.
Under general supervision, performs routine and recurring assignments in the delivery of Information Technology customer support services.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Under general supervision, performs routine and recurring assignments in the delivery of Information Technology customer
support services. Participates in the planning and delivery of a full range of Information Technology customer support
services to the organization. Identifies and resolves issues and problems. Prepares and updates manuals, instructions, and
operating procedures. Provides information and assistance to customers including system hardware/software installations,
configuration, upgrades and troubleshooting. Evaluates established methods and procedures and prepares
recommendations for changes in methods and practices where appropriate. Presents formal and informal training to
customers. Reports, responds to and resolves customer requests. Applies information security and information assurance
policy, principles and practices.
Work experience, education, and/or specialized training sufficient to demonstrate IT knowledge and skill in:
- Participating in the planning and delivery of a full range of IT customer support services;
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and trouble shooting hardware and software components;
- Presenting formal and informal training and assistance to customers;
- Reporting, responding to, and resolving customer requests.
- Highly desirable: A+ Certification or higher.
Conditions for Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of
completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-
Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of
all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by
the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory
completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to obtain A+ Certification within 6 months of employment/hire date.
7. Must be able to lift computer equipment up to 40 pounds.
8. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF employees serving in a continuous position
without time limits for at least one year.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described in your resume.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave,
Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible
Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your
entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement
or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the
servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a
PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on
The method of resume submission is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . You
must include the Vacancy Announcement Number on the subject line, e.g. NENANF12681436CF12-155.
Submit resume in Microsoft Word document format.
The following documents are required:
Veterans' and Involuntary Separated Military Preference documentation (DD-214 member 4 copy or
Agency Contact Info:
Thomas P. Opoien
DA NAF IMCOM G9
IMCOM G9 Family and MWR Programs
2450 Connell Road
San Antonio, TX
What to Expect Next:
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications
will be reviewed.
Announcement may be found here: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/318668300