I made these slippers for my
friend Brenda who is of Norwegian
descent. Sassy Slippers
These slippers are perfect for the Bride
with tired feet. The thread color for the
ribbon and date can match the Bridesmaid
I found this wedding design at Annthegran.
I reduced the design size with resizing
software, then added the date.
When I stitched out the rings and the doves
I used metallic threads to give them a little
If you want to get even more creative,
Have fun creating quick and
stitch on some ribbon flowers or some unique gifts for friends and family
with Velcro side closing slippers
Other ideas for embellishing Velcro sided slippers:
• Baby theme for the Mom to be to wear in the embroidery machine.
• Keep a few pair by the front door for your company when they
slip off their shoes
• Decorate a pair for every Holiday By Gail Hutte
The Sewphisticated Stitcher
Velcro side closing slippers are very easy to machine After embroidery is complete, unhoop the slipper and remove the
embroider and embellish. Choose your favorite excess stabilizer
embroidery designs to create sassy slippers that make a
personalized fashion statement with your jammies,
bathrobe or comfy clothes.
Put some sparkle in your step.
Use metallic thread, and gold beads to give your slippers extra
Your design selection can give these
slippers a sophisticated and refined spa look or choose
designs that reflect yours or your recipients personality.
• Velcro side closings slippers
• 4x4 hoop
• Air or Water erase marking pen
• 75/11 Sharp needle for machine
• Tearaway stabilizer
• Water soluble topping
• Temporary adhesive spray
• Embroidery design
Design or monogram should be no larger than 2 1/2” high and 3” wide
• Embroidery Thread (Rayon or Poly)
• Optional: Trims, buttons, beads, crystals, ribbon etc.
Getting Started: Add some frilly trim and a mono-
• Mark center point on slipper gram in funky fresh colors that any
• Hoop Tearaway stabilizer teen girl will love.
• Spray temporary adhesive on to Tear-
• Position slipper upper to center using
• Lay water soluble stabilizer over upper
and adhere to temporary adhesive (Can
also use basting stitch to adhere)
• Stitch your design or monogram on
Left slipper sole goes to the right of the The addition of a simple
hoop, right slipper sole goes to the left flower makes a great gift
of the hoop for Mom