Al Mawakeb School
(Barsha / Garhoud)
Grade: 6/ Section: ____
Science /revision sheet
A. Fill in the blanks using the words in the box.
Producers - Food Chain – Decomposers – Scavengers
Energy pyramid – Bacteria - Food web – Consumers - Sun
Ecology -niche-ecosystem-biotic part-habitat-abiotic- symbiosis
1. The _______________provides energy for almost every living organism in an
2. All life in an ecosystem depends on_______________ to capture this solar
3. Other living organisms in a community must search for their food to eat, these
organisms are called _______________
4. A _______________shows how organisms in an ecosystem are connected
according to what they eat.
5. _______________such as fungi and_______________, break down the
tissues of dead organisms.
6. A _______________shows the relationships between many food chains
within a single ecosystem.
7. A (an) _______________shows the amount of energy available to pass from
one level of a food chain to the next.
8. The vulture is a _______________it feeds on the remains of dead animals.
9. _______________is the study of organisms and their environment.
10. _______________is an organism’s way of life; it includes habitat, food,
predators and organisms with which it competes.
11. An_______________ is made up of _______________of organisms and
12. A _______________is the environment in which Organisms live.
13. There are three types of ______________________ or association in
which two organisms live together. One type, _______________ is
beneficial to both organisms.
14. _______________is when only one of the organism's benefits, but the
other is not harmed, such as birds building nests on the tree.
15. _______________is when one of the organisms is weakened by another
organism called _______________The organism weakened is the
16. The_______________ is an animal that eats other animals that are
17. The faster the particles of an object are moving, the _______________the
temperature of the object.
18. In conduction, when faster-moving particles collide with slower-moving
particles, the faster-moving particles give _______________energy to the
19. In convection current, warmer particles move _______________because
they are less _______________than cooler particles.
20. You can feel the warmth of the portable heater when you are
standing near it because of____________________.
B. Choose the best answer:
1-which of the following ecosystems would be likely to have the greatest diversity?
a- A high mountain meadow
b- A desert valley
c- A temperature deciduous forest
d- A lake in the taiga
2-which is the source of energy in an ecosystem?
b- Nutrients in the soil
3-which of these is an example of commensalism?
a-you catch a fish and eat it.
b- A mosquito bites you.
c- you pick and eat a peach from a tree.
e- A virus gives you the flu
4- Why do organisms compete within ecosystems?
a- There are limited resources
b- They occupy different niches
c- They want to increase diversity
d- Humans cause them to compete
Paper – Iron- Wood- Chair- Gold - Plastic-
Copper- Water – Silicon
C. Categorize the above materials as insulators or conductors
D. Arrange the following Parts of an Ecosystem, each in its right column.
Trees - Cord grass – Rain – Sunlight – Worms – Soil - Temperature
E. Answer the following questions:
1-What determines an object’s thermal energy?
2- What is the direction of flow of the current?
3- Electricity is produced from other sources of energy. List three of them.
4- What are the parts that make up this machine?
6-Match the circuit to its description by choosing the correct letter(s) from the given
choices of the diagrams:
a. Batteries in series
b. Switches in parallel
c. Resistors in parallel
d. Switches in series
7- Place these organisms in their specific location in an Energy Pyramid
Coyote - Green plant – Vulture – Mushroom – Rabbit
8- Distinguish between an organism's habitat and its niche using the owl and
hawks as an example. Can these two organisms live together?
9-- How are a population and a community of crocodiles related in an
10- What are the two main factors that determine Ecosystem Diversity?
11- How can human activities make the population less diverse?