consent orders

Document Sample
consent orders Powered By Docstoc
					Family Law Accredited Specialist
          Rachel Stubbs & Associates
Rachel Stubbs & Associates is an all female
boutique legal firm, practicing almost
exclusively in the area of family law. With
specialist accreditation in this area, our office
can answer any question, and help you resolve
any problem relating to family law. We are the
leading family law firm.
           Our Family Lawyers
Rachel Stubbs


Sandra Soden

Ngoc Le
         Our Family Lawyers

Cassandra Vatovec

Shera Tiongan

Brendan Hanks
 (General Manager)
          Our Family Lawyers
Catherine Van Luenen

Mellissa Kolster

Hayley Williams
            Our Family Lawyers

Mel Ross

Erin Monahan
       Our Family Law Services
 Property Settlement
 Children’s matters
 Divorce
 De facto matters
 Child Support
Paternity matters
Spousal maintenances
Setting aside Court Orders
Consent Orders/Binding Financial Agreements
    Binding Financial Agreements
• Binding Financial Agreements deal with the
  property of a relationship and are an
  alternative to obtaining Consent Orders that
  formalise property matters. Again, they are a
  formalised version of an agreement reached
  with respect to the division of assets and
  liabilities of a relationship.
            Children’s Matters
• In many instances, people formalise the
  arrangements for the care of their children after
  they separate. This can relate simply to where the
  children live on an ongoing basis. It can also
  relate to other matters that are important to
  parents such as how they will communicate with
  one another in relation to their children, where
  the children will go to school, and where the
  children will be collected and delivered as they go
  between their parents’ care. We are here to give
  you family law advice.
       Setting aside Court Orders
• In limited circumstances, a court can set aside orders
   that have been made with respect to property.
    Some of these circumstances include the following:
I. If there was fraud, duress, failure to disclose relevant
     information or if false evidence was given.
II. If circumstances have changed since the order was
     made and it is impracticable for the order to be
     carried out.
      We are the best Sydney family layers.
             Child’s Support
• In most circumstances, issues with
  respect to the payment of child
  support are handled by the Child
  Support Agency. Child support is
  assessed using a formula, based on the
  income of both parents, but also on the cost
  of raising children, the number of children,
  and how much time the children spend in
  each parent’s care.
• After you have been separated for a period of
  twelve months, you can apply for a Divorce. In
  Australia, we have a ‘no fault’ system, so the
  Court doesn’t look at why the relationship
  broke down. The Court must be satisfied that
  the marriage has irretrievably broken down
  and the way that it determines this is by
  determining that the parties have been
  separated for over twelve months.
            De facto matters
• Until recently property matters relating to
  people who were never married was dealt
  with under different legislation to property
  matters relating to people who were married.
          Property Settlement
• Property settlements look at the division of all
  the assets and liabilities of your relationship.
            Paternity matters
• Sometimes, parentage is an issue. Orders can
  be obtained from the Court that require the
  mother, the child and the possible father of
  the child to undergo parentage testing.
        Spousal maintenances
• In some circumstances, orders can be
  obtained from a court which see one party
  pay a sum of money, either as a lump sum or
  as a periodic payment to the other.
     Contact Us
       Call Today
Camden         46555366
Wollongong 42298805
Bowral         48613344

Shared By:
Description: Welcome to the Rachel Stubbs and Associates family. We resolve all kinds of disputes relating to property settlement, family law, divorce law etc.