HINDUSTAN ORGANIC CHEMICALS LTD.
AMBALAMUGAL P.O., KOCHI – 682 302
GLOBAL TENDER FOR CATALYST
Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd, Cochin invites tenders from competent
manufacturers for supply of following item.
Description of material Quantity Earnest Money Deposit
Solid Phosphoric Acid 78 MT Rs.50,000/- or
Polymerisation catalysts for USD 1115
Interested parties may download the tender documents from our website:
www.hoclkochi.com and submit the offers in two bid system. Last date for submission
of offers is 21-06-2010.
Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd. is a Govt. of India Undertaking manufacturing Phenol
& Acetone through Cumene synthesis route at its plant at Cochin, India. Our installed
capacity is 40,000 MT of Phenol, 26,000 MT Acetone & 56,000 MT Cumene. M/s.UOP is
the technology supplier for the above plant. HOCL is inviting tenders for supply of
78 MT Solid Phosphoric Acid Polymerization Catalyst for Cumene synthesis in the plant.
The details of the tender are as shown in INDEX enclosed.
You may submit your offer on two bid system in sealed envelopes superscribing the
enquiry number and the due date so as to reach us before 2.00 PM on 21.6.2010.
For Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd.
MATHEW M MATHEW
INDEX -GLOBAL TENDER NOTICE FOR CATALYST
1 Instructions to the bidders for submitting the offer Annexure-I
2 Parameters of catalyst offered Annexure-IIA
3 Specification of benzene used in HOCL Kochi Plant Annexure-IIB
4 Required Cumene specification Annexure-IIC
5 Brief process description Annexure-IID
6 Eligibility criteria for participating in the bid Annexure-III
7 Terms and conditions of the tender Annexure-IV
8 Technical bid format Annexure-V
9 Price bid format Annexure-VI
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
Please submit your bids for supply of SPA catalyst conforming to the specifications and
terms and conditions stated in the enquiry documents as given below:-
1. Quotations shall be submitted in a sealed envelope superscribing the Enquiry No.and due
date and containing all technical, commercial and price details . The Technical bid
containing the EMD , Technical specification of the Products and Proof of satisfactorily
meeting the Eligibility Criteria and all commercial terms should be enclosed in an Envelope
superscribing TECHNICAL BID :MAT/PUR/50242/10-GLOBAL TENDER FOR SPA CATALYST
DUE ON 21-06-2010 . The Price bid should contain the description of the product offered
and the Price details super scribed with “PRICE BID MAT/PUR/50242 /10-GLOBAL TENDER
FOR SPA CATALYST DUE ON 21-06-2010 “. Both the Technical bid and the Price Bid
should be enclosed in an envelope supers scribing the Enquiry No, and due date.
Bids shall be addressed to the DGM(P&A), Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd, Ambalamugal,
Kochi-682 302, Kerala, India and shall reach him on or before the due date and time.
Delayed/ Late bids are liable to be rejected.
Due date and time for submission of bids :Before 2.00PM IST on
Time of opening of Technical bids : At 3.00 PM IST 21.06.2010,
The date of opening of the price bids will be intimated to the Technically qualified
bidders after evaluation of the Technical bids. On the specified bid opening date, bids
will be opened in the presence of bidders or their authorised representative present.
2. Bidder’s representatives attending the bid opening shall bring with them necessary
authorization from the bidder.
3. The bid shall contain as integral part of the same the following compliance statement:
“We have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of purchase and
related documents forming part of this enquiry and agree to supply the goods in
compliance with the same.”
4. The bids shall be neatly typed in English language with pages consecutively numbered
and shall be signed on all pages by authorized persons. Bids shall be free from over
writing and all corrections shall be duly attested by the bidder. All rates shall be filled in
figures and words. If there is any difference between the amount given in figures and
words, the lower of the two shall be considered.
5. Bidders should carefully study the documents of this enquiry. All terms and conditions
set out there in the enquiry shall be binding on the bidders unless conflicting with any
terms and conditions expressly stated by HOCL while accepting any bid, in the event of
6. HOCL reserves the right, without assigning any reason whatsoever, to accept or reject
any or all bids in part or in full or cancel this enquiry.
7. HOCL reserves the right to extend without giving any reason(s) the closing date/time of
8. Bids shall be valid for a minimum of 120 days from the due date for receipt and opening
of the bids.
9. Specification of the Product :
Specifications of SPA Catalyst and its analysis report shall be furnished along with
the Technical Bid.
10. Guarantee Certificate for yield of Cumene per Kg of Catalyst consumed should be
enclosed along with the Technical bid.
11. Central Public Sector Enterprises of Govt Of India shall be eligible for purchase
preference as per Govt. of India policy in vogue.
PARAMETERS OF THE CATALYST OFFERED
Solid Phosphoric Acid Polymerisation catalysts for Cumene synthesis.
Technical specification of the catalyst should include the following :
1. Guaranteed Cumene yield per ton of catalyst per hour
2. ----------------do-----------------------------------full life
3. Required Liquid Hourly Space Velocity(LHSV)
4. Reactor operating pressure and temperature
5. Catalyst shape & size
6. Specified ratio of propylene to propane and propylene to Benzene
7. Feed stock specification
8. Hydration level
9. Propylene conversion
10. Selectivity to Cumene/ byproduct formation
SPECIFICATIONS OF BENZENE USED
Sl.No. Parameters Specifications
1. Colour (Pt-Co Scale), max. 15
2. Relative Density at 15oC/15oC 0.8790-0.8860
3. Solidification Point(oC) on dry basis, min. 5.40
4. Distillation Range (oC) (including 80.1oC), max. 1.0
5. Acid wash test, max. No.1
6. Purity by GC(wt %), min. 99.90
7. Non-aromatics by GC(wt.ppm), max. 700
8. Heavy Aromatics by GC (wt.ppm), max. 300
(including Toluene 150 ppm max.)
(Ref.ASTM D5871-07/IS:534-92 Specification)
REQUIRED CUMENE SPECIFICATION
Sl.No. Parameters Specifications
1 Appearance Clear liquid, free of
sediment or Haze @
18.3 to 25.6 Deg.c
2 Colour (HU), max.
3 Purity by GC(Wt.%), min.
4 Other impurities by GC (Wt.%), max.
5 Bromine Index, max.
6 Phenols (ppm),max.
BRIEF PROCESS DISCRIPTION /CUMENE REACTOR PARAMETERS
The reactor is an upflow reactor with four bed reactor with equal quantity of catalyst
loaded in each bed.
ANNEXURE - III
Eligibility criteria for participating in the bid.
Offers of bidders who satisfy the following Eligibility Criteria only will be
1) The bidder should be a manufacturer or bonafide distributor of the manufacturer
of the Catalysts.
2) The bidder should have supplied atleast 160 MT of the catalyst during the past
3 year period to reputed manufacturers of Cumene using fixed bed reactors and
having a minimum 1,00,000 TPA manufacturing capacity. Please enclose
purchase order copies for the supply of the same from reputed manufacturers
3) Please enclose performance evaluation certificate from the above manufacturers
of Cumene indicating their manufacturing capacity and yield obtained for the
Catalyst supplied by you for the last 3 year period.
4) You must guarantee a minimum yield of 1000Kg. of Cumene per Kg of catalysts
consumed. Corporate Guarantee valid for two years should be provided along
with the technical bid documents.
5) You should be able to deliver the catalysts within 5 months of placement of the
orders on you.
6) Existing suppliers of HOCL for the above catalyst are exempted from Clause 1-3 .
7) Bidders may confirm adherence to all the above points in your technical bid with
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUPPLY OF SPA CATALYST
1. 1) PRICE:- The rate quoted should be for supply of Catalysts in damp proof
M.S. containers (around 200 Kg) and in Seaworthy export packing on FOB on
per MT basis . For Indian suppliers, indigenous component to be explicitly
mentioned and quoted in firm Indian Rupees and foreign component, if any
also to be indicated .
2. QUANTITY :- 78 MT approximately.
3. DELIVERY : The full ordered quantity should be dispatched on FOB basis within 5
months of placement of order on you .
4. VALIDITY :- Validity of the offer should be 120 days from the due date of the
5. Earnest Money Deposit : Bid shall be accompanied with an refundable EMD
of Rs.50,000/- or USD 1115.00 alongwith the technical bid. EMD may be
submitted in the form of account payee DD or bankers cheque drawn in
favour of Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd. payable at Cochin. EMD of a
tenderer shall be forfeited if he withdraws or amends his tender or impairs or
derogates from the tender in any respect within the validity period of the
6. PAYMENT TERMS:- Payment terms shall be through irrevocable L/C against
dispatch documents and with interest free credit for 90 days period. If
anybody offers a lesser credit period, necessary loading will be done based
on the prevailing SBI PLR to make all the offers at par.
7. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : At Seller’s option
8. MANUFACTURERS TEST CERTIFICATE/GUARANTEE CERTIFICATE:– You must
enclose the manufacturers test certificate of the item & guarantee certificate
for the specific yield for the product.
9. Tenders are to be submitted in English language only.
10. Insurance will be arranged by HOCL.
11. For comparison of tenders, the Currency of tendered price will be converted
to Indian rupees based on State Bank Of India TT selling exchange rates
applicable on the day of price bid opening.
12. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
In the event of the supplier’s failure to deliver the goods by the dates specified in
the contract, the purchaser may without prejudice to his any other rights
hereunder, recover from the supplier liquidated damages @ 0.5 percent per
week of delay of the contract price of the undelivered goods, subject to a
maximum of 5 %.
I. Sellers to provide following documents to the Bank within 21 days of B/L date.
(a) Bill of Lading
corresponding to the quantity loaded – 2 originals and 3 non negotiable.
(b) Certificate of Origin issued by Chamber of Commerce/Department of Trade – 1 original and
(c) Certificate of analysis/quality – 1 original and 2 copies
(d) Certificate of Guarantee for yield of Cumene per MT of catalyst consumed
(e) Packing slip – 3 copies
(e) Commercial Invoice for the catalyst supplied. – 2 Original and 3 copies
One set of copies of above documents to be faxed or mailed to HOCL immediately on dispatch
14. Jurisdiction: All questions, disputes or differences arising under or in connection with
this contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Ernakulam,
Kerala, India only.
TECHNICAL BID FORMAT
Technical Bid should contain the following details :
1.Your covering letter of the offer on your company letter head.
2.If you are the authorized distributor of Manufacturer of Catalyst, Authorization letter from the
manufacturer to be enclosed
4.Detailed Technical specification of the product offered as per Annexure IIA
5. Proof of satisfactorily meeting all the Eligibility criteria Conditions given in Annexure-III
6.Signed copy of the terms and conditions of the enquiry as given in Annexure-IV
7.Delivery period offered
8.Payment terms offered
PRICE BID FORMAT
FOR FOREIGN SUPPLIERS
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM:
2. QUANTITY OFFERED
3. TOTAL COST ON PER MT FOB PORT OF SHIPMENT BASIS :
4. ESTIMATED FREIGHT CHARGES FROM THE PORT OF LOADING TO COCHIN
PORT, INDIA FOR 78 MT CATALYST ( By Shipping Corporation Of India vessel).
FOR INDIAN SUPPLIERS
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM:
2. QUANTITY OFFERED
3. BASIC COST PER MT, EX-WORKS :
4. EXCISE DUTY
6. FREIGHT CHARGES PER MT TO HOCL, COCHIN
7. ANY OTHER CHARGES