Pre-Lecture Quiz, Chapter 44, Drugs for Asthma and Other
1. In early stages of COPD, clients are likely to need corticosteroid
2. IV aminophylline is no longer used to treat acute asthma attacks.
3. Bronchodilating and anti-inflammatory drugs can usually be given
without adjustments in clients with impaired renal function.
4. Caffeine is considered a xanthine, which has bronchodilating
effects similar to those of theophylline.
5. Adrenal insufficency is most likely to occur with local or low
doses of inhaled corticosteroids.
1. In lung cells, cyclic AMP inhibits release of __________
substances and this indirectly promotes bronchodilation.
2. __________ may be injected subcutaneously in an acute attack of
3. __________ are high-pitched, whistling sounds caused by
turbulent airflow through an obstructed airway.
4. Ventricular dysrhythmias or __________ may be the first sign of
5. The two major groups of medications used to treat chronic
bronchitis and emphysema is bronchodilators and __________