• QM started over 20yrs ago.1990 Reshaped into a test engineering
solutions business with hardware and software expertise.
• 1995 Established company capable of competing on international stage
supplying blue chip organisations including HP,Motorola,Eriksson,RR,
BAE,Marconi and Panasonic.
• 2001 Established in aerospace with major test solutions role on JSF
• 2003 Moved into new software facilities and installed LMStar - first
delivered in the world. Expanded software team. TPS development
benefiting from in house expertise in test executive development.
• Today QM is accredited ISO 14001 and ISO 9001:2000. A Test
Engineering Company that is achievement driven with a culture of
working in partnership.
What we do
Application of Leading-Edge Technologies to Real-
• Hi-Tech Solutions and Services
• Innovative Product Development & Design
• Complementary Services
• Reverse Engineering and Upgrade
• Test System Integration Services
• Support Services
Locations and Facilities
• Aldershot (Hants). Well situated for S.E.
communications network and international
The facility is used for development of
hardware, prototype engineering and
procurement along with main corporate
• Worcester. Software development office
with LMStar and test systems facilities.
Software engineering and project support
are main activities on this site.
• 8 Software developers
including backgrounds in:
– Image Processing & Machine Vision
• Broad expertise in
• National Instruments Alliance Partner
• NI: TestStand, CVI, LabVIEW.
• Broad range of high-level
•C, C++, C#, VB.NET; ATLAS, Legacy. Software
• Electronics & Mechanical
• DC to 50 GHz Analogue & Power
• Digital, Busses and Devices
– VME, ARINC, 1553, CANBus., GByte Lan, 1394B, AFDX, ..
• Environmental, ESS, HALT, HASS
• Wide knowledge of standard platforms,
interfaces and tools. Military and commercial. .
• Broad application knowledge.
Research and Development
• SEEDA HealthMap – QinetiQ lead
– To develop a novel measurement system for a sensor
consisting of amorphous, glass coated wire 31.6µM.
• Current inducing and measuring cable clamp –
– To develop a new cable clamp for use in a restricted
• Lightning strike protection measurement –
– To develop a new method of testing electronic systems in
the field for lightning strike protection.
Power Systems Test
• Power rack developed for aircraft
power systems test.
• IVI Driver – functions as a single
• 112channels: 28V@300A;
• 21 Safety interlocks & sensors
Driven from PC or
LM-Star for JSF
Verification Test System
Verification Test System Modules
•AC and DC Capacitive
Reference for fuel probe
•Modular functional test cards
for system design and
Proximity Sensor Test
•1 micron accuracy
•-60 to +130 deg C.
Wet Arc Tester
1. Broad technology, innovatively applied
to develop and deliver test solutions.
2. Hardware and software development.
3. Strong project management.
4. Focus on clients needs (application and