AYSO Region 1 Player Ratings
Redwood City, CA
Ratings are used to balance teams when they are put together every year. They are very important
to maintaining AYSO's philosophy of "balanced teams." Please do this carefully!
1) Please enter your team and coach information
2) Then enter a rating for your team from 2 (finished last) to 4 (finished first)
3) Please enter a rating for each player on your team from 1.00 (least capable in division)
to 5.00 (best player in division). It helps to sort your players from best to worst
so you can see where you're over or under rating players. Click the sort button to do that.
4) If a player quit or was a no-show, leave their rating blank
5) The average rating for the players on your team should be close to your team rating
The spreadsheet will tell you if your player ratings are high, low, or OK
6) Indicate players who played goalie or can play goalie in the "Keeper?" column
7) Email your completed form to your division director
Division: Boys Girls
Name Email Phone
Team #: Team Rating: 3.0
List and Rate Your Players:
# First Name Last Name Rating Keeper?
Average: 3.0 OK
Adjusting your player rankings to your team performance is important since coaches have a natural
positive bias when rating players. If you did very well, you probably had some 4.7+ players,
several 3.0-4.0 players and maybe one or two 2.0 players. If you did poorly, you likely
had many 1.0-2.0 players and few if any 4.0+ (impact) players.