GARDINER POINT RESIDENCE HALL
1. ALL STUDENTS MUST SIGN THE FITNESS CENTER LIABILITY WAIVER BEFORE USING THE FITNESS
CENTER! See Housing Office or your Resident Advisor (RA).
2. Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to use the Fitness Center. NO GUESTS OR VISITORS ARE
ALLOWED TO USE THE FITNESS CENTER.
3. Students must wear appropriate exercise attire at all times. A shirt must be worn to cover the upper
body, shorts must be mid-thigh or longer; socks and athletic shoes are also required. The clothing must
be for exercise purposes. Therefore, casual clothing is not allowed. No jeans, jean shorts, running shorts,
or any article of clothing with zippers or rivets. No open-toed shoes, open-backed shoes, boots, sandals,
or casual shoes are allowed. Failure to dress properly will result in denial to workout.
4. All personal belongings must be stored in personal storage; no residence hall storage for the Fitness
Center is provided. Gardiner Point Residence Hall staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
5. Equipment use is based on a first come, first serve basis.
a. There is a 30 minute maximum on all machines when people are waiting.
b. Allow others to work in when performing multiple sets.
c. Participants are expected to act responsibly and respect the rights of others.
6. Please wipe down all equipment after use (Do not spray cleaner directly onto machine).
7. Free weight equipment must remain in the free weight area. Please return it to its proper place after
8. The improper use of equipment is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to standing on
equipment, standing on weights, weight stacking or top loading.
9. The following items are prohibited in the Fitness Center…
a. The use of cellular phones
b. Food, beverages, chewing gum and tobacco. Water in a plastic container with a lid is permitted
in all activity areas
c. Power lifts (clean, clean-jerk, snatch, etc)
d. Weights or other equipment brought in from the outside with the exception of weight gloves,
e. Slamming or dropping of weights
f. Personal training conducted by anyone other than a Gardiner Point employee
10. If any student violates any Fitness Center rule or policy, they will be subject to the following disciplinary
a. Verbal warning: student will be informed of the violation in person.
b. Written warning: student will be notified via letter of the violation.
c. Loss of Fitness Center privileges: student will lose the ability to utilize the Fitness Center.
**Gardiner Point and Sullivan University Systems staff is not responsible for any injury or accident
resulting from improper or unauthorized use of the equipment or facility. We strongly recommend that
each student consults with a physician prior to beginning an exercise and/or diet program.**