Board of Supervisors LEROY ORNELLAS
San Joaquin County CARLOS VILLAPUDUA
MANUEL LOPEZ Second District
AGENDA STEVE J. BESTOLARIDES
LOIS M. SAHYOUN KEN VOGEL
Clerk of the Board Fourth District
BOARD CHAMBERS, COURTHOUSE, 7TH FLOOR
222 E. WEBER AVENUE, STOCKTON, CA
TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009
9:00 a.m. - Commencement of Meeting
A Moment of Silence
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Announce Date of Meeting for the Record
Approve Minutes of the Board of Supervisors' Meeting of March 17, 2009.
9:00 a.m. - bos - Proclamation Proclaiming March 2009 as "Traumatic Brain Injury Awareness"
Month in San Joaquin County.
9:00 a.m. - bos - Proclamation Proclaiming April 2009 as "Hire Me First Internship Program" in
San Joaquin County.
SCHEDULED MORNING ITEMS
9:00 a.m. - cao - Public Hearing to Approve an Agreement for the San Joaquin County
Agricultural Center Energy Project.
Page 2 Agenda March 24, 2009
APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
9:00 a.m. - bos - Appointments to Boards & Commissions
A) Commission on Aging - 1 Position.
B) Workforce Investment Board - 1 Position.
APPROVE CONSENT ITEMS # 1-16
CONSENT - HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. bhs - Approval of Modification to Agreement for Felon Drug Court Services.
2. cao - Children and Families Commission (First 5 San Joaquin) Recommendation to
Approve Funding for the Catholic Charities Prenatal Care Outreach to Parishes Program.
3. hsa - Approval of FY 2008-09 One-Time-Only Funding Allocations to Subcontractors
and Purchase One Computer, One Laptop, One Storage Shed, and Two Vehicles.
4. phs - Approval of Subcontract with Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Merced, Amador, Calaveras,
and Mariposa Counties for the Immunization Registry Program.
CONSENT - PUBLIC WORKS
5. pw - Adopt an Ordinance Providing for a Speed Limit of 45 Miles per Hour on a Portion
of Corral Hollow Road, from 286 Feet North of Valpico Road to 2,600 Feet South of
Valpico Road. (5th District)
6. pw - Adoption of an Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Streambed
Alteration Agreement between the California Department of Fish and Game and the San
Joaquin County Department of Public Works for Routine Maintenance of Stream
Channels and Drainage Facilities within San Joaquin County.
7. pw - Acceptance of the Byron Road Resurfacing Contract and Execution of a Notice of
Completion. (5th District)
Page 3 Agenda March 24, 2009
CONSENT - LAW & JUSTICE
8. cob - Approve Announcement of 1 Position on the Juvenile Justice-Delinquency
9. s/o - Authorization for Sheriff to Issue Certificates, Plaques, or Other Memorials in
Recognition of Service.
CONSENT - GENERAL GOVERNMENT
10. cao - Adopt Resolution of Intent to Establish Community Facilities
District No. 2009-1 (Airpark 599) and to Levy Special Tax, and Adopt Resolution
to Incur Bond Indebtedness.
11. cao - Approve Consultant Agreement for Jail Expansion Operating Cost Public
12. cob - Approve Announcement of 3 Positions on the Boggs Tract Rural Fire District.
13. cob - Approve Announcement of 2 Positions on the Local Child Care Planning Council.
14. cob - Approve Announcement of 1 Position on the Mountain House Housing Advisory
15. fac/mgmt - Approve Plans and Specifications for the Micke Grove Park Paving Project
and Set a Bid Opening Date of April 21, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
16. h/r - Adopt 2009-2010 Plans and Rates for Employee Health, Dental and Vision Plans;
Extend and Adopt Changes to Existing Agreements for Administration of Health,
Dental, Vision and Section 125 Plans.
DISCUSSION - HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. bhs - Receive Update on the Mental Health Services Act (Proposition 63) and Approve
the Workforce Education and Training Plan.
DISCUSSION – GENERAL GOVERNMENT
1. air - Request for Exemption from the Hiring Freeze to Fill the Airport Deputy Director
Page 4 Agenda March 24, 2009
bos - Receive and Refer all Board Communications this date as Outlined on the
Communications Distribution Listing.
Persons wishing to address the Board may complete the Public Comment Form which is located in
the tray on the back wall of Chambers or which may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board Office,
Room 701. Please no personal attacks.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
California Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency Negotiator: Manuel Lopez; John Bertke; Geoff Rothman
Employee Organizations: SEIU, San Joaquin Deputy Sheriff’s Association,
San Joaquin County Correctional Officers Association, San Joaquin County
Law Enforcement Management Association, Sheriff Deputy Sergeant Association,
California Nurses Association, San Joaquin County Management Association, San
Joaquin District Attorney Investigator’s Association, San Joaquin County Attorney’s
Association, San Joaquin County Probation Officer’s Association, Union of
American Physicians and Dentists, and Unrepresented
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
California Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
County of San Joaquin v. City of Stockton, et al.
Stanislaus County Superior Court Case No. 379455
SCHEDULED AFTERNOON ITEMS
1:30 p.m. - cdd - Public Hearing for the Emergency Shelter Grant Program Entitlement Statement
for Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
1:30 p.m. - cdd - Public Hearing for the HOME Investment Partnership Program Entitlement
Statement for Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
Page 5 Agenda March 24, 2009
1:30 p.m. - cdd - Public Hearing for the Community Development Block Grant Program
Entitlement Statement for Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
1:30 p.m. - cdd - Authorization to Submit Draft 2009-2014 Housing Element to the State for
Initial Review and Comment.
ADJOURN TO TUESDAY, APRIL 7, 2009 AT 9:00 A.M.
Note: If you need disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (209) 468-2350 at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting.
Government Code Section 54954.2(a).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors after distribution of the agenda
packet are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board Office at 222 E. Weber Avenue during normal