Girl Scout Christmas Fundraiser, Cadette Troop 32
This quiz has an entry fee of 5 CHF.
A prize will be awarded for the highest number of correct answers.
In the event of a tie, the winner’s name will be drawn from all equal entries.
Please respect our fundraising and do not enter a copy of this quiz if you have not paid the
entry fee to our Girl Scout Troop.
During this festive season we all begin humming our favourite Christmas songs. Most of the
following popular Christmas songs and carols have been around for a long time.
But……. how many of these Christmas carols and songs can you identify?
e.g. A. I. A. M. = Away in a manger !
1. G. K. W. Good King Wenceslas
2. R. T. R. N. R Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer (Gene Autry & The Pinafores)
3. D. D. M. O. H. Ding dong merrily on high
4. F. T. S. Frosty the snowman (Gene Autry & The Cass County Boys)
5. J. B. R. Jingle Bell Rock (Bobby Helms, then Brenda Lee & Randy Travis)
6. O. I. R. D. C. Once in Royal David’s City
7. J. O. S. N. Jolly old Saint Nicholas
8. W.T.K. We three kings
9. A. F. T. R. O. G. Angels from the realms of glory
10. T. H. A. T. I. The holly and the ivy
11. T. T. D. O. C. The twelve days of Christmas
12. S. D. Saviour’s Day (Cliff Richard)
13. G. G. R. O. B. A. R Grandma got run over by a reindeer (Elmo & Patsy)
14. I. H. T. B. O. C. D. I heard the bells on Christmas day (Bing Crosby)
15. O. L. T. O. B. O little town of Bethlehem
16. I. B. H. F. C. I’ll be home for Christmas (Bing Crosby)
17. I. S. T. S. C. S. I. I saw three ships come sailing in
18. A. I. W. F. C. I. M. T. F. T All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth
(Spike Jones & his City Slickers)
19. C. C. Calypso carol/ Coventry carol
20. L. D. B. Little Drummer Boy (Harry Simeone, then Vienna Boys Choir)
21. A. W. H. H. O. H. Angels we have heard on high
22. S. B. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt, then Madonna & Kylie Manogue)
23. D. H. F. C. Driving home for Christmas (Chris Rea)
24. S. I. C. Step into Christmas (Elton John)
25. I. S. M. K. S. C. I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus (Jimmy Boyd, then Jessica Simpson)
26. I. B. T. L. A. L. L. C. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
(Perry Como & The Fontaine Sisters, then Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby)
27. L. C. Last Christmas (Wham!)
28. W. C. I. T. What child is this?
29. D. T. K. I. C. Do they know it’s Christmas? (Band Aid)
30. F. O. N. Y. Fairytale of New York (The Pogues)
31. P. A. P. Pat-a-pan
32. L. I. S. L. I. S. L. I. S. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
(Vaughn Martin, then Dean Monroe, Carly Simon)
33. I. T. M. W. T. O. T. Y. It’s the most wonderful time of the year
(Andy Williams, then Johnny Mathis)
34. T. S. C. The Sussex carol
35. W. W. Winter wonderland (Connie Francis…….)
36. S. N. Silent Night
37. A. S. C. T. A spaceman came travelling (Chris de Burgh)
38. G. T. I. O. T. M. Go tell it on the mountain
39. T. Torches
40. W. W. Y. A. M. C. We wish you a merry Christmas