BIOL 101 Lab
Plant and Animal Cells
1. Complete p. 2, total magnification.
2. Activity A, Identification of Microscope Structures
3. Activity B, Using the Microscope – Answer the questions and
also draw the letter slide as seen with the 4X, 10X and 40X
objectives on p. 21.
4. After measuring the diameters of the field of view, compute the total
area of the field of view and record on p. 22.
5. Activity C, Observe the colored thread slide and record the color
orientation on p. 22.
1. Activity A, Prepare a slide of cheek epithelium. Draw and label
on p. 23.
2. Activity B, Prepare a whole mount of Elodea. Draw the
specimen as seen with the 4X, 10X and 40X objectives on p. 24.
Label the structures as seen with the 40X objective.
3. Complete the cell structure worksheet.
Microscope quiz next week!