Unit Study Guide: The Age of Exploration, Encounter, and Exchange
1. What where the 5 main causes of the European Exploration that started in the late
2. Vasco da Gama-
3. Treaty of Tordesillas-
4. Explain China’s status by the 1400s (when Europeans came to its shores)?
5. Zheng He-
6. How did China react to Europe’s request to trade with them?
7. Why did they react this way?
11. Tokugawa Shogunate:
13. How did Christian missionaries impact Japan starting in 1549?
14. Closed Country Policy-
15. Christopher Columbus-
16. Hernando Cortes-
18. Aztec Empire -
19. Explain why the Aztec fell to the Spanish invaders:
20. Encomienda System-
24. Explain the impact European settlement in the new world had on the native
25. Atlantic slave trade-
26. What role did some African rulers play in the slave trade?
27. Triangular trade-
28. What were conditions like on the Middle Passage?
29. Columbian Exchange-