Why is Drip Marketing Important for B2B Marketing
For B2B marketing drip campaigning is an effective way to keep in touch with prospects. Such a
campaign enables marketers to send personalized and targeted emails to their prospects. Marketing
automation solutions can be successfully leveraged to initiate email drip campaigns based on a trigger or
Marketers need to segment target audience for drip marketing. Here are some of the variables used for
● Demography- Prospects can be segmented based on type (retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers
etc.), size (small, medium or large businesses, their sales volume etc.) or market experience
(how old is the company and how established is their business).
● Geography- Segment prospects based on their location - locally, nationally or internationally.
Understanding this can help in developing templates that are more topical to their locality.
● Buying stage of the prospect- It is important to understand where the prospects are in the buying
cycle. Marketers must assess whether they are they purchase-ready, do they have the essential
equipment skill sets and knowledge to make the purchase. They should also assess who are the
influencers who are involved in the purchase decision, and what has been the past purchase
● Type of company - Prospect’s business arrangement i.e. where the company is privately owned,
or is it a public entity is to be assessed.
● Financial condition of the company- How is the credit rating, stock price, cash flow and income
Once the audience is segmented and the plan is developed, the next immediate goal is to build a good
rapport and trust. This can help set the stage for appropriate and timely communications. Understanding
what kinds of messages are relevant for each segment of the audience is an important part of this step.
Using automated solutions, marketing campaigns can be initiated whenever a website visitor fills out a
form on the website or when the prospect reaches a particular lead score, or when he opts to download,
view or obtain specified information. Marketers may also initiate drip campaigns by targeting a particular
list of prospects.
Using marketing automation software for drip campaigns, marketers can:
● Create customized, personalized, targeted communication, making it relevant and engaging to
leads (lead generation and lead nurturing).
● Optimize campaign to increase response rates during every step of the process.
● Reduce time spent by sales teams in educating prospects.
● Deliver higher conversion rates, and reduce the sales cycle.
Also read on - Lead Tracker, Search Engine Optimization Tools