for the Season!
Free up cash for the holiday season.
Skip-a-Payment this November or December1
Free up cash. Take advantage of this opportunity to skip either your
7.50% APR* MasterCard Platinum Credit Card
Transfer current credit card balances into our stable, everyday low
November 2009 or December 2009 loan payments at InvesTex. MasterCard Platinum credit card to pay off your balances faster.
Simply obtain a skip-a-payment form (online or in a branch), fill it No annual fee, no cash advances fess, excellent travel benefits, and
out, and drop it off at any InvesTex branch location. more.
Fantastic Vehicle Loan Rates Other great Deals for the Season
(Car, Truck, SUV, Motorcycles)
• As low as 3.69 %
APR* (48 month term)
• Same Low Loan Rates for New, Used, or Refinanced
• As low as 3.99 %
APR* (60 month term) • No Payments for the First 90 Days (must qualify)
Incredibly Low Personal Loan Rates • FREE Visa Check Card and Online Services
(Personal Loans for the Holiday) • Savings Advantage: Shopping Discount Program
• As low as 6.00 %
APR* (6 month term)
• As low as 6.99 %
APR* (12 month term)
• Extended Terms up to 72 Month
3% Loan Rate Reduction for the Holidays
Receive the lower of our calculated rate or 3% less than the rate you
are currently paying on your vehicle or signature loan at another
financial institution (rate cannot go below our “as low as” rate
for the term requested). Internal refinances do not qualify for this
What’s Inside ¹Skip-a-Payment requests are subject to approval. Not available for mortgage, home
equity, credit cards, Ready Credit, student loans, CD or share secured loans. Interest
• Celebrate Your Credit Union • Time Is Running Out to Win will accrue on all affected loans and may cause the maturity date on each to be extended.
Ownership the Framed Earl Campbell *APR means Annual Percentage Rate. Rates and terms are subject to change without
• Product Highlight – Jersey notice. The terms and amounts for which you qualify will be determined by your credit
and capacity at the time of application. Other restrictions may apply.
InvesTex Website • Beware of Text-Messaging
Celebrate your Credit Union Ownership this October!
Do you know who owns InvesTex Credit Union? You do! And that is around the world to celebrate International
just one of the many things that make credit unions unique and one Credit Union Day in recognition of the
of the membership benefits we recognize everyday and especially on benefits we bring to our members.
October 15th when we celebrate International Credit Union Day.
At credit unions, every customer is both
Credit unions are not-for-profit, democratically controlled, volunteer- a member and an owner. This year’s
run, member-owned cooperatives. They exist to serve their members. International Credit Union Day theme – Your Money, Your Choice
Unlike most other financial institutions, credit unions do not issue – celebrates the economic democracy and equal ownership rights
stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are of each credit union member, regardless of how much money that
returned to members in the form of lower loan rates, higher interest member may have in savings. Please join us on October 15th as we
on deposits, and lower fees. honor our most valuable asset: our members. You are the reason
InvesTex Credit Union exists.
Because they are unique in both structure and purpose, credit unions
provide a viable alternative to for-profit financial institutions for Visit our website, InvesTexCU.org, for more information about
more than 177 million members in 96 countries. At InvesTex Credit International Credit Union Day and prepare to celebrate the credit
Union, we take pride in our heritage as a cooperative financial services union difference. On Thursday, October 15, 2009, we will celebrate
provider and our connection to the 49,000 credit unions worldwide. our unique history together by serving refreshments in our lobbies.
On October 15, we’ll join with credit unions and their members
Enterprise Car Sales Continues to be the Best
InvesTex Credit Union continues to offer a diverse range of credit
card products that are fair, stable, and fits the membership needs.
Whether it’s Visa or MasterCard, Regular, Gold or Platinum, all
InvesTex credit cards come with a great rate, no annual fees, and
additional benefits that help makes life better.
InvesTex credit cards offer a huge value in a market where many
other credit cards do not provide for the best interest of the consumer!
InvesTex credit cards are strong, stable and extremely fair. Benefits
include no annual fee, 25 day grace period, no cash advance fee,
Car prices at Enterprise continue to be great this fall. same interest rate for cash advances/purchases, no minimum finance
And auto loan rates continue to be low at InvesTex. Not charge, online purchase protection, travel and auto insurance, and
only will you receive a low-rate auto loan when financing much more.
your Enterprise vehicle purchase, you’ll also receive a
The InvesTex MasterCard Platinum® credit card offers the widest
$350 deposit to your account if you finance your range of benefits; including a 7.50% Annual Percentage Rate. The
Enterprise vehicle at InvesTex. 7.50% APR rate has not changed since the card was introduced 5
years ago. The cards great rate and benefits bring loyalty and strength
Other benefits include: to both the membership and credit union.
• 109-Point Inspection Although we have maintained the current interest rate on the Platinum
• 7 Day Return Policy card for 5 years, the current economic environment is forcing a small
• 12 Month/12K Miles Warranty interest rate change. The Platinum credit card rate of 7.50% APR
• Enterprise Roadside Assistance will change effective January 1, 2010. The new rate will remain an
incredibly low 7.90% APR and remain fixed (the rate will not be tied
Don’t miss this great opportunity. Get pre-approved at to any index). At InvesTex Credit Union, “Value” is a relationship
InvesTex, visit cuautodeals.com for inventory listings and built on Trust!
get your Enterprise car today!
To get more information on InvesTex credit card products, visit
www.InvesTexCU.org or speak to one of our member service
representatives on the phone or at any one of our locations.
Thank you for your
Community Corner Time Is Running Out to Win the
Your credit union continues to reach out to the community. Below are
just a few community efforts InvesTex has participated in over the past Framed Earl Campbell Jersey
three months (July through September):
Score Big with a great Rate!
• Vines Pre-K Center/Aldine ISD was given boxes of crayons and sketch
pads for all teachers. Auto Loan Rates as low as 3.69% APR*
• Hinojosa Pre-K Center/Aldine ISD was given boxes of crayons and
sketch pads for all teachers.
1st Down: Finance a low-rate auto loan at InvesTex.
• Donated funds to Parker Intermediate/Aldine ISD Family Fun Night. • Rates as low as 3.69% APR* for 48 months
• Donated funds to Nitsch Elementary/Klein ISD to help purchase • Rates as low as 3.99% APR* for 60 months
FIELD gOAL: Refinance your auto loan from another financial
• Helicopter Ball Drop sponsor for the Klein ISD Education Foundation
institution to receive the lower of our calculated rate or 3% less than
Golf Tournament fundraiser. Funds go to grants and scholarships.
the rate you are currently paying (rate cannot go below our “as low
• Delivered bikes and gift cards to Burchett Elementary/Spring ISD,
as” rate for the term requested).
Vines Pre-K/Aldine ISD, and Hinojosa Pre-K/Aldine ISD
• Donated bottled waters to the Law Enforcement Expo. TOUCHDOWN: When you purchase/finance or refinance
• Donated bikes to Harris Academy/Aldine ISD as well as gift cards for any auto loan from another financial institution to InvesTex by
teacher attendance recognition. November 30, 2009, you will be entered in a drawing for a chance
• Attended and help support several New Teacher In-Service events and to win a certified autographed and framed jersey of former Houston
provided donuts for the Transportation Department event. Oilers’ Earl Campbell.**
• Donated funds to Major Elementary/Spring ISD for “Major Day”
where students toured the school and met their teachers.
• Same Low Rate for
• InvesTex executives were guest speakers for the Project E.T.H.I.C.S.
New or Used Vehicles
at Wunsche High School/Spring ISD.
• Annual Skip-a-Pay
• Participated in the 2nd Annual School Supply Drive with the Greater
Heights Chamber of Commerce. Opportunities
• No Payment for up to
• Silver Sponsor for the City of Tomball Holiday Skating Rink.
the First 90 Days
• Contributing Sponsor for the Klein ISD Convocation.
• The CEO was a guest speaker for a group of Kingwood College Apply today!
employees on the topic of credit/finances. *APR is Annual Percentage Rate. Rates and terms are subject to change without
notice. The terms and amounts for which you qualify will be determined by your
• Bronze Sponsor for Tomball Night. credit and capacity at the time of application. Other restrictions may apply.
• Sponsored New Teacher Goodies bags for Humble & Spring ISD. **A winner will be selected after the processing of month end for November 30, 2009.
• InvesTex participated in the Annual TCUL PAC Candy Fundraiser. The winner will be contacted during December 2009. Credit Union membership is
not required for drawing entry. Entry forms are available inside credit union offices
and online at InvesTexCU.org. InvesTex board, staff, and family members are not
eligible. Internal vehicle refinances are not eligible for this promotion.
Product Highlight – Beware of Text-Messaging
Identity thieves have a new trick up their sleeves: sending text
messages to your cell phone as if they were a financial institution
and asking you to ‘confirm’ your account number, PIN, or other
pieces of information. Another trick is a text notifying the member
of the deactivation of their debit card. The text message then claims
you must call a 800 number and provide personal information to
Today, we are living in the “information age”. The internet allows us to reactivate your card. These texting “tricks” are often referred to as
obtain information on just about any topic. It’s fast and convenient. We “smishing” based on the SMS technology used to send texts.
can purchase just about any product or service from around the world. As a member of our credit union, you should know that we
InvesTex Credit Union’s FREE website and online banking products will NEVER ask for your personal information by email or text
help you to make sound financial decisions and manage your finances in messaging. NEVER give information that is private and confidential
a secure environment. over your cell phone’s text feature, and don’t call the 800 number
InvesTex Credit Union’s website is available 24/7 and provides that spam text messages ask you to call. Here are other steps you
informative resources. Basic information such as the credit union’s can take to ensure that you don’t become an identity thief’s next
address, maps, closings, and phone numbers is available on the website victim:
as well as the following:
• Be careful when asked for your telephone number. Giving your
• Promotions phone number in response to contests or online promotions can
• Various Product and Services lead to unwanted calls and messages.
• Car Buying Resources
• Loan Calculators • Never respond to unsolicited text messages - it only lets the
• Financial Literacy and Educational Information sender know they’ve reached a working number and may lead
• Current Promotions to more messages in the future.
• Discounts to Theme Parks • Consider blocking all text message services for your phone.
• Online Applications (Membership, Loans, Mortgage, eStatements, While this may be somewhat inconvenient if you like texting
eNews, Visa Debit Card, etc.) your friends, it will protect you from this growing form of
• Extended Warranty Quotes identity theft.
• Secured Access to Your Accounts
• Bill Payment Services • Be cautious about the services you subscribe to.
• Informative News Items
• And much more • Be wary of urgent messages that request personal information.
Take advantage of our FREE website and electronic services by visiting • Report any messages that seem ‘too good to be true’ or advertise
InvesTexCU.org. Our website is the fastest way to provide information illegal items to your local consumer protection agency.
to you. Return periodically to get updates on the latest information and
Many unsolicited electronic ads and scams originate overseas,
promotions offered at InvesTex.
often making it extremely difficult to track the individuals who are
Thank you for your continued membership! responsible. Take initiative and protect yourself by never responding
to spam text messages.
Get to Know Your Credit Union Loan Late Payment Fee Changes
As a member of InvesTex Credit Union, you are an owner and have Effective October 1, 2009, late Fees will be calculated on all loans
the right to various information provided by your credit union in excluding Mortgage Loans and Home Equity loans, as a flat charge
accordance with the Texas State Finance Code 15.4105. InvesTex of $18 each month the loan is eleven (11) or more days past due.
produces an annual report that is made available during the annual The late fee will be a minimum of $18.00 each month the loan is
meetings and in each InvesTex branch location. Below is a list of delinquent 11 or more days. Payments received will be applied in
the information available to you to learn more about your credit the order of late fees first, then unpaid accrued interest, and then
union: principal balance.
• Balance Sheet and Income Statement Effective October 1, 2009, late Fees on Home Equity loans will
• Overall Financial Condition be calculated as a flat charge of $18 each month the loan is fifteen
• List of the current Board Members and associated term (15) or more days past due. Payments received will be applied in
expiration dates. the order of late fees first, then unpaid accrued interest, and then
• List of the current Management Team principal balance. Late Fees on Mortgage Loans are detailed in the
• Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation mortgage loan documentation received at closing.
• Membership Information
• Services Offered Effective January 1, 2010, all InvesTex credit cards will be assessed
a flat charge of $18.00 each month the minimum payment is not
In accordance with section 122.107 of the Texas Sate Finance Code,
paid within ten (10) days of the due date. Also, effective January
you may request to view a summary of the most recent annual audit,
1, 2010, InvesTex Credit Union will discontinue assessing an over-
the most recent statement of financial condition, the IRS Form 990,
limit charge on any of its credit card programs.
as well as any other documents you are entitled to posses. Be sure to
pick up the latest annual report and visit our website on an periodic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
basis for updates on your credit union. InvesTex is moving its Accidental Death and Dismemberment
New Loan Payment Notices Insurance coverage from Selman & Co. to Affinion. Previous
Many of our members are receiving a NEW notice indicating the Selman & Co. coverage will be handled by Affinion. Additional
next loan payment due date for some and possibly all of their loans. information will be mailed to all members and links will be available
This notice is mailed 28 days in advance of the actual loan due on the credit union’s website.
date. Another Great Program to Save You Money:
If a loan requiring a notice has multiple loan payments due each
InvesTex will soon offer Auto, Home, and Life Insurance through
month (weekly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly, etc.), then a separate 28-
the MemberCONNECT program. Home and Auto Insurance
day advance notice is mailed for each payment due in the month. If
covers a wide range of product categories, is offered through major
a member has more than one loan requiring a notice, then a 28-day
carriers, including Liberty Mutual, and is a great way to lower
notice will be mailed separately for each loan due date.
insurance costs. Life Insurance provides peace of mind, protects
This is a NEW REGULATORY DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENT. family resources, and is a great financial planning tool. Look for
The notice is only a due date reminder. As programming is further details on the MemberCONNECT program in your mail and
completed to update our computer systems, we anticipate adding online at InvesTexCU.org.
appropriate payment due dates for loans on member monthly
account statements and discontinuing these notices.
Skip-a-Payment this Holiday Season to Free Up Cash
You have the opportunity to skip your
monthly loan payment* in November
2009 or December 2009. Free up some
extra cash for the holidays! Look for the
Skip-a-Payment form in your monthly
statement, online, or any one of our six
*Subject to approval. Not available for mortgage,
home equity, credit cards, Ready Credit, student loans,
certificate or share secured loans.
® US POSTAGE
PA I D
PERMIT NO. 1769
905 Aldine Bender Rd.
Houston, TX 77032
COLUMBUS DAy CHRISTMAS EVE (closing at 1pm):
Monday, October 12, 2009 Thursday, December 24, 2009
Fantastic VETERAN’S DAy CHRISTMAS DAy
Promotions for Wednesday, November 11, 2009 Friday, December 25, 2009
the Season THANkSgIVINg HOLIDAy NEW yEAR’S EVE (closing at 1pm):
See details inside Thursday and Friday, Thursday, December 31, 2009
November 26 – 27, 2009
NEW yEAR’S DAy
Friday, January 1, 2010
Main Office: Atascocita: Cypresswood: Wunsche: Tomball Parkway: North Loop West: Phone Number: Toll Free
281-449-0109 Audio Response:
905 Aldine Bender Rd. 5444 Atascocita Rd. 230 Cypresswood Dr. Carl Wunsche Sr. 24922 Tomball 811 North Loop
Toll Free Number: 866-298-4917
Houston, TX 77032 Suite 108 Suite H High School-Spring Parkway Frwy West
Humble, TX 77346 Spring, TX 77388 ISD Suite 100 Houston, TX 77008 866-449-0109 Website:
900 Wunsche Loop Tomball, TX 77375 Audio Response:
Spring, Texas 77373 281-442-4917 Routing Number: