DATE: JOURNAL FOOD LIST
morning MEASURE Price Grains Veg & Fruit Dairy Meat & Alt. Water &
(5-12) (5 - 10) Adult (2-4) (2 - 3) beverages
Dfm123 Meal Planning Assignment
Due Date: ______________________________
Go to the Canadore College cafeteria armed with Canada's Food Guide
and select a menu for an entire day.
* Choose 3 meals & 2 snacks from the cafeteria's menu
* You have 25 dollars to spend for a day
* Write out a list of your meals & list the prices with your menu selections
* Estimate the size of the portions found in the cafeteria & compare them to
Canada's Food Guide.
*Comment on whether this portion size is adequate or excessive & discuss
what might be the repercussions of that choice.
* Discuss whether you meet the overall daily requirements of a healthy diet
* State your totals for the day.
* If you do not meet your requirements what are the consequences of your
* see Ch.2 --5 in your text for info.