Planning a Trip
– Figure out how much you can afford and
where can you go?
Think about what you want in a trip
– Do you want to:
• Visit family?
• Visit a new location?
• Go site seeing?
– (see the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon)
Choosing your Destination
• Look into travel guides
– Travel guides give
great tips on locations
throughout the world!
– Pick one up at the
Library or at a
Once you know where you want to go….
• Think about how will you get there?
– By car:
• how long will it take you? Would it be better to take another type of
• look for tickets everywhere, shop around to get an inexpensive
• travel time is not quick but is inexpensive.
• a little more expensive but can be faster than a bus.
Cutting the Cost
• Plan ahead don’t
plan in a month
everything will be
• Take a vacation
during off season
• Look for transportation bargains on the internet
or in the newspaper
• Bring some food snacks and food with you it
can cut the cost of buying food at the hotel
Battle of the Vacations