CALL TRACER (Customer Originating Trace)
Provides security by allowing convenient tracing of
harassing, threatening, or obscene calls, by recording the RESTRICTION LEVEL CALLING RANGE
traced number at the Telephone Company’s central 0 ...................................... Deny origination
office. An automatic trace is initiated once the activation 1 ...................................... A
code is dialed prior to receiving any intervening calls. 2 ...................................... A B
5 ...................................... A B C
To activate: 6 ...................................... A B C D
. Hang up from call. 7*...................................... A B C D
. Prior to receiving another call, lift handset and
dial #57. A - INTRA-SYSTEM CALLS
You will hear a telephone company announcement that Jefferson City, Chillicothe, Kansas City, Lees
will prompt you to dial a “1” to complete the trace. Summit and St. Louis
Last Number of Exchange + Four Digit Number
The network will notify the Telephone Company of the (EXAMPLE: In the 751 exchange -
calling number, the time the call was received and the 1 + XXXX)
time the trace was activated. You are required to contact
law enforcement/Capitol Police, for further action. You - Poplar Bluff
will not be provided the traced number. This feature is Last three digit number
available on a cost per use basis. Calls that are (EXAMPLE: In Poplar Bluff dial 800 to call
successfully traced are $6.50 per call. 290-5800)
Last four digit number
THE MISSOURI STATE (EXAMPLE: In Joplin, dial 2400 to call
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS 629-2400)
The Missouri State Telecommunications Systems is an B - TOLL FREE LOCAL CALLING AREA
ETN or Electronic Tandem Network with locations in EXCHANGES
Jefferson City, Brookfield, California, Cape Girardeau, - All Cities except Kansas City and Lees Summit
Carthage, Chillicothe, Clinton, Columbia, Farmington, 9 + Seven Digit Number
Festus, Fulton, Hannibal, Harvester, Hillsboro, (EXAMPLE: 9 + 498 - XXXX)
Independence, Joplin, Kansas City, Kirksville,
Lebanona, Lees Summit, Maryville, NeoshoNevada, Kansas City and Lees Summit
New Madrid, Poplar Bluff, Rolla, St. Charles, St. Joseph, 8+ Area Code + Seven Digit Number
St. Louis, Sedalia, Sikeston, Springfield, Warrensburg, (EXAMPLE: 8+816+763+ XXXX)
Warsaw, and Webster Groves.
- OPERATOR ASSISTED (0+)
The network service at the locations is provided by 9 + 0 + Area Code + Seven Digit Number
leasing a portion of the local telephone companies (EXAMPLE: 9 + 0 + 816-275-XXXX)
central office equipment, which then supplies dial tone
and communication paths to state agency subscriber - TOLL FREE NUMBERS
stations. The central office provides the switching 8 + Toll Free NPA + Seven Digit Number
equipment required to route state agency calls to the (EXAMPLE: 8 + 800-392-XXXX)
most cost effective leased facilities and also provides the
billing information on all calls originating in that area. - LONG DISTANCE INFORMATION
Dialing from a location is accomplished by 9 + seven 8 + Area Code + 555-1212
digit number for local calls, and 8 + ten digit number for (EXAMPLE: 8+ 816-555-1212)
all non-local calls.
C - ALL MISSOURI, ALL CONTINENTAL
Access to more costly facilities, namely WATS and/or UNITED STATES EXCHANGES, HAWAII,
toll, can be restricted at the station level. This provides ALASKA, CANADA, AND PUERTO RICO
management with the flexibility to further control 8 + Area Code + Seven Digit Number
telecommunication costs. (EXAMPLE: 8 + 703-444-XXXX)
D - TOLL OVERFLOW & INTERNATIONAL **
8 + Area Code + Seven Digit Number
(EXAMPLE: 8 + 703-445-XXXX)
9 + 011 + Country Code + City Routing Code + PUERTO RICO, HAWAII, ALASKA, AND CANADA;
Local Number available to levels 5, 6, and 7.
(EXAMPLE: 9 + 011 + 44+ 71 + 7 digit local
number) To call a number in this calling range from a state
station, dial 8 + the area code + the seven digit number.
* Calls to network locations made from a level 7 (FAX
or Data Line) will be routed over WATS rather than EXAMPLE:
over the network backbone facilities. To call the White House (202-456-1414), dial
** Indicates calls will be routed over telephone company 8 + 202 + 456-1414.
facilities and will incur a TOLL charge.
CALLING RANGE D
CALLING RANGE A
Access to TOLL overflow and INTERNATIONAL
Access from one state telephone to another within a city; calling available to levels 6 and 7.
available to levels 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7.
To dial a TOLL call from a state station, dial 8 + the area
To call a station from another station, dial the last three, code + the seven digit number. If all network facilities
four or five digits - depending on the originating city. are busy, the caller will hear a tone and the call will be
routed to TOLL facilities.
To call the Governor’s Office (751-3222) from another To dial an INTERNATIONAL call from a state station,
751/522/526 station, dial 1-3222. dial 9 + 011 + country code + city routing code + local
CALLING RANGE B
Access to TOLL FREE LOCAL CALLING AREA To place a (TOLL overflow) call to Whitehorse Yukon
EXCHANGES, LONG DISTANCE INFORMATION, Canada Police Department (403-667-5555) dial 8 + 403
TOLL FREE NUMBERS, OPERATOR ASSISTED + 667-5555.
(0+), EMERGENCY (911); available to levels 2, 5, 6,
AND 7. To place an INTERNATIONAL call to London England
(011-44-71-XXX-XXXX) dial 9 + 011 + 44 + 71 +
To call a local number from a state station, dial 9+ the XXX-XXXX.
seven digit local number or dial 8+ area code + seven
digit local number. NOTE:
TOLL and INTERNATIONAL calls are routed over
To dial a toll operator assisted (0+) call from a state telephone company facilities and will incur a TOLL
station, dial 9 + 0 + the area code + the seven digit charge.
number. When the operator answers, give the necessary
credit card, collect, or third party information. CALLING FROM A STATE NUMBER:
To dial an toll free number from a state station, dial 8 + (Except Columbia - See Below)
toll free NPA + the seven digit number. State Operator/State Information................ 0 or (573) 751-2000
To dial long distance information from a station, dial * Local Directory Assistance (Cost Per Call)...................... 9-411
8 + area code + 555-1212. ................................................................. or 8+ XXX+555+1212
To dial emergency 911 from a state station, dial Emergency Call................................................................... 9-911
9 + 911.
Intra System Calls ....... Chillicothe, Jefferson City, Kansas City,
EXAMPLE: Lees Summit, St. Louis - Last Five Digits
...................................................Poplar Bluff - Last Three Digits
To call the Jefferson City Police Department (634-6400)
................................................ All other cities - Last Four Digits
from a 751/522/526 station, dial 9 + 634-6400.
Local Call.............................................. 9 + Seven Digit Number
CALLING RANGE C Kansas City and Lees Summit 8+ Area Code + Seven Digit
Access to ALL MISSOURI EXCHANGES, ALL
CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES EXCHANGES,
Network Locations .............................................8 + Area Code +
.....................................................................Seven Digit Number Telephone changes may be obtained through the OA-
Division of Information Services. Change requests must
Long Distance (within state) .............................. 8 + Area Code + have an authorized signature of agency directors or
.....................................................................Seven Digit Number designated telecommunications coordinators only. It is
Long Distance (outside state)............................. 8 + Area Code +
important that changes in required telephone service be
.....................................................................Seven Digit Number planned well in advance to avoid unnecessary costs and
the limitations of inadequate, temporary service.
Long Distance (Directory Asst.) ........8 + Area Code + 555-1212
(Cost Per Call) 751, 522, AND 526 STATION CUSTOMER
Credit Card - Third Party - Collect ..............9 + 0 + Area Code +
.....................................................................Seven Digit Number GENERAL NOTES
The switchhook “FLASH” is a very important part of the
**Toll Free Number...8 + Toll Free NPA + Seven Digit Number telephone system. The switchhook “FLASH” tells the
system you wish to activate one of the special features.
International Calls.......... 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + To “FLASH,” depress the switchhook for about 1
.......................................................................Telephone Number second. “FLASHING” the switchhook too rapidly has
no effect, and “FLASHING” the switchhook too long
WHEN IN DOUBT, DIAL “0” OR (573) 751-2000 FOR
may cause disconnection.
STATE OPERATOR ASSISTANCE
*In Fulton, dial as 9 + 1 + 411 You must have a special dial tone in order to use a
**In Fulton, dial 9 + 1 + Toll Free NPA + Seven Digit Number feature. To obtain the special dial tone “FLASH” as
If you hear a recording or error tone (fast busy or a
Station to Station recording) after attempting a feature, it could mean one
2 + Four Digit Station Number of the following:
*Local Directory Assistance
9 + 1 + 411 • You are prevented by the class of service on your
Local Calls line from accessing the feature or number requested.
9 + Seven Digit Number • The feature is not available due to the condition of
Network Calls/Long Distance your line - for example, you have attempted to
81 + Area Code + Seven Digit Number retrieve a call with CALL PICKUP and another party
Long Distance (Directory Assistance) already has retrieved the call.
81 + Area Code + 555-1212 • The access code you have dialed is in error. (Check
Toll Free Numbers the feature instructions)
9 + 1 + Toll Free NPA + Seven Digit Number
Credit Card - Third Party - Collect Whatever the reason - merely “FLASH” twice to return
9 + 0 + Area Code + Seven Digit Number to original party or to attempt the feature again.
*There is a directory assistance charge associated with Check with the Telecommunications Coordinator or
these calls. counselor for level restriction and features which are
available to you.
When transferring to, adding on, or consulting with
Agency Telecommunications Coordinators should be another 751/522/526 customer, be sure to dial the 5 digit
notified of directory additions, deletions and changes. station number.
Telecommunications Coordinators should send updates
to the following: You must depress the switchhook for at least 3 seconds
OA-Division of Information Services to disconnect completely from the call you were on, or
Truman Building, Room 280 attempting. If you have not completely disconnected
P.O. Box 809 before placing another call, you may experience a
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102 temporary loss of dial tone.
ATTN: Directory Coordinator
Be sure to remain on the line until you receive the
CONFIRMATION Tone* indicating the system has
accepted the codes for the feature. If you hang up before
the tone, the system will not accept the feature.
STANDARD FEATURES When busy extension becomes idle, your telephone will
ring. To initiate ring again:
INTERNAL CALLING • Lift handset.
Dial the 3, 4, or 5 digit extension number (depends on
location) The call is placed automatically and the formerly busy
Local Calls: Dial 9 + Local Number (7 digits) telephone rings.
Non-Local Calls: Dial 8 + Area Code + 7 digits
To Call the State Operator: Dial 0 or 751-2000 To cancel Ring Again:
To Report Network Problems and Adds, Moves, and • Lift handset.
Changes: Please contact your Telecommunications • Dial *80, listen for confirmation tone.
Ring Again will automatically be canceled if the calling
TAP/SWITCHHOOK extension does not answer the recall within the
To activate a code, many features require that you signal programmed time out period.
the telephone system by performing a switchhook flash.
Whenever a switchhook flash is required, the NOTE: You may have one ring again active at a
instructions will read “Flash tap/switchhook”. If your particular time, placing a second will cancel the first.
telephone is equipped with a flash button, press that
button. If your telephone is not equipped with a flash
button, press the switchhook button in the handset BLOCKING CALLER ID
cradle. To block the display of your number to receiving party:
• Dial *67 before each call.
Allows the transfer of a call to another extension. PICKUP - CALL
To activate: Allows you to answer incoming calls ringing at another
• Flash tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. telephone within your defined call pickup group.
• Dial third party.
• Announce call. To answer a ringing telephone:
• Lift handset.
If you encounter a busy, no answer or refusal to accept • Dial *76.
• Flash tap/switchhook twice to return to original PICKUP - DIRECTED CALL
caller. Allows you to answer incoming calls ringing at any other
HOLD-CONSULTATION • Lift handset.
Permits a private consultation with destination prior to • Dial *83.
transferring a call or establishing a three-party • Dial extension number that is ringing.
CALL FORWARD (ALL CALLS)
During an established call: Allows you to redirect all incoming calls automatically
• Flash tap/swichhook, listen for special dial tone. to another extension number.
• Dial third party. To activate:
• Consult. • Lift handset.
• If you encounter a busy or no answer in attempting a • Dial *72, listen for special dial tone.
consultation. • Dial extension number to which calls are to be
• Flashtap/switchhook twice to return to original party. forwarded, listen for confirmation tone.
RING AGAIN To cancel:
Upon encountering a busy extension number, this feature • Lift handset.
allows the caller to be notified (by ringing) when the • Dial *73, listen for confirmation tone.
busy extension becomes idle and to be automatically
placed in a Ring Again mode. LAST NUMBER REDIAL
Allows redial of the last called internal or external
To activate when busy tone is heard: number (maximum of 24 digits)
• Flash tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. • Lift handset.
• Dial *80, listen for confirmation tone. • Dial ##.
Allows you to park one call against your extension
number and retrieve that call from any telephone. Changes to speed calling list are made by overwriting the
existing number. Each extension may have a maximum
To activate: of one short and one long list.
• Flash tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. HOLD PERMANENT
• Dial *78, listen for confirmation tone. To activate:
To retrieve parked call: • Ask the caller to hold.
• Lift handset. • FLASH the switchhook 1 second (Calling party is
• Dial *79, listen for confirmation tone. placed on hold).
• Dial the extension number against which the call is • Dial *77.
parked. • Hang up.
You may originate or receive additional calls while a call NOTE: You cannot originate or receive calls while a
is parked against your extension number. caller is on permanent hold. Your telephone will ring as
a reminder of a held call.
SPEED CALL - SHORT LIST
The short lists consists of a maximum of 10 stored To retrieve:
numbers with assigned speed location codes (0 - 9). • Lift handset.
To program: HOLD - CALL
• Lift handset. To activate:
• Dial *74, listen for special dial tone. • Ask the caller to hold.
• Dial speed dial digit (0 - 9) • FLASH the switchhook 1 second (calling party is
• Dial number to be stored (up to 24 digits) placed on hold).
• Special dial tone is heard.*
NOTE: Include external access code(s) plus telephone
number. Dial *82.
• Listen for CONFIRMATION tone.
• Dial #, listen for confirmation tone. • Dial a third party.
To activate: To retrieve:
• Lift handset. • Dial *82. You are connected to the original party
• Dial *. or
• Dial programmed speed dial digit (0 - 9). • Hang up. Your original party will ring your
• Dial #. telephone.
SPEED CALL - LONG LIST EXAMPLE: When a customer needs to consult
The long list consisting of a maximum of 66 stored privately, while keeping caller on hold, and then return
numbers with assigned speed location codes of (00 - 65) to original caller, this standard feature can be used.
may be dedicated to an individual or group of users. If
the long list is utilized by a group, only the designated CONFERENCE THREE-PARTY
“speed call controller” may revise its contents. To establish a three party conference while on a call:
To program: To activate:
• Lift handset. • FLASH the switchhook 1 second.
• Dial *75, listen for special dial tone. • Special dial tone is heard.*
• Dial speed dial digits (00 - 65). • Dial the desired five digit station, 9 + seven digit
• Dial number to be stored (up to 24 digits). number, or 8 + ten digit number.
• Announce the conference.
NOTE: Include external access code(s) plus telephone • FLASH the switchhook 1 second and the three party
number. conference is established.
• Dial #, listen for confirmation tone. EXAMPLE: You call someone in St. Louis to arrange a
meeting. During the conversation it is decided you need
To activate: another person to attend the meeting. Rather than place
• Lift handset. several calls to arrange the meeting, you could use this
• Dial *. standard feature to establish a conference call, and
• Dial programmed speed dial (00 - 65). confirm all the details in one call.
NOTE: In case of misdial, busy, or no answer, FLASH To set up conferences with more than six conferees, call
the switchhook twice to return to original caller. the State Operator (0 or 751-2000). The maximum
number of conferees in an operator established
CONFERENCE SIX-PARTY conference is 30 parties.
Allows a customer to establish a conference with a CALL WAITING
maximum of six parties. When a call waiting tone* (one burst of tone) is heard,
proceed with one of the following:
To activate: • Complete your call.
• Lift handset. • Hang up.
• Dial directory or extension number of the first • The new call will automatically ring your telephone
conferee. When the party answers, announce or
conference. • Ask your party to hold.
• FLASH tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. • FLASH switchhook 1 second (original party is
• Dial *71 to conference. placed on hold).
• You are connected to the second party.
To add each additional conferee: • To alternate between the two parties FLASH the
• FLASH tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. switchhook.
• Dial directory or extension number of conferee.
When the party answers, announce conference. EXAMPLE: You are engaged in conversation and you
• FLASH tap/switchhook, listen for special dial tone. hear call waiting tone (one burst of tone). You would
• Dial *71 to conference. choose one of the options mentioned above to respond.
Should you encounter a busy, no answer or a party is REMOTE CALL FORWARDING (CFRA)
unable to join the conference: CFRA permits customers who are traveling, to activate,
• FLASH tap/switchhook twice and dial *81 to change, or deactivate call forwarding from anywhere
disconnect from the busy, no answer or the party with a touch tone phone.
unable to join the conference.
• Dial *71 to return to the conference EXAMPLE: You are traveling and realize that you
Or forgot to forward your telephone. You may access
• Dial directory or extension number of new conferee. CFRA and forward your calls, without either going into
the office or having a coworker forward it.
Only the originator may add parties to the conference.
NOTE: This is an optional feature. Check with your
EXAMPLE: You are needing to speak to several people Telecommunications Coordinator or Counselor to see if
and it is not possible to arrange a meeting. You call the this feature is available to you.
parties using the Conference Six-Party feature.
TO USE REMOTE CALL FORWARD YOUR
NOTE: Be sure that outside party being called can be STATION MUST HAVE A CALL FORWARD
accessed by your level restriction. FEATURE ASSIGNED TO IT. There are two types of
call forward available, call forward internal (CFI), and
At least one 751/522/526 conferee must remain in the call forward universal (CFU). CFI allows forwarding to
conference or the conference is dropped. another 751/522/526 number only. CFU allows
forwarding to 751/522/526 as well as any other
In case of misdial, busy, or no answer, FLASH the telephone number. If you forward to a long distance
switchhook twice and dial *81 to disconnect from the number, your station will be billed the usage for calls
busy, no answer or the party unable to join the that are forwarded from your station.
conference, dial *71 to return to original caller.
The instructions for using this feature are:
The maximum number, including yourself, allowed on a
conference is six. Initial set up: (MUST BE DONE FROM BASE
If the originator of the conference drops out, they cannot
reenter the conference. Subscribers are required to change their PIN before
If the originator of the conference drops out, no • Lift handset.
additional conferees may be added. • Dial CFRA feature access code *97.
• Hear switch announcement prompting you to enter
CONFERENCE OVER SIX-PARTY feature code.
• Dial *98#.
• Hear switch announcement “Call forwarding remote • Dial (573) 526-2255.
access”. • You will hear a prompt from the switch to enter your
• Another announcement prompts you to enter your 5 digit number followed by the 4 digit PIN number.
PIN number. • Dial the 5 digit telephone number of the telephone to
• Dial 1234#. be forwarded, followed by the 4 digit PIN number
• Hear prompt to enter new PIN number. and #.
• Dial new PIN number followed by #. • You will be asked to enter a code to either activate or
• Hear confirmation announcement after successful deactivate call forwarding. *72# activates *73
input of PIN number, then caller drops to a busy deactivates.
signal. • If you are activating forwarding, the switch will ask
you to enter the number you wish to forward to.
To change the PIN, after the initial set up: (MUST BE • Dial the number to forward to followed by #.
DONE FROM BASE PHONE) • The switch will repeat the number to be forwarded
• Lift handset. to.
• Dial CFRA feature access code *97. • The switch will then give you the option to confirm
• Hear switch announcement prompting you to enter by pressing 1, or press 2 to forward to a different
feature code. destination, or hang up to cancel the command.
• Dial *98#. • Caller will either hear a confirmation recording or
• Hear switch announcement “Call forwarding remote drop to a busy signal.
• Hear announcement prompting you to enter your CALL FORWARD NO ANSWER
current PIN number. This feature allows incoming calls to your station to be
• Dial PIN number followed by #. automatically routed to a predetermined five digit station
number when the telephone is not answered within a
Hear prompt to enter new PIN number. given length of time. The length of time can be
• Dial new four digit PIN number followed by #, it programmed on a station by station basis.
must be different than the current PIN number.
• Hear prompt to re-enter new pin number. EXAMPLE: Your telephone has been programmed for
• Dial new Pin number followed by #. Call Forward No Answer. When you are out of the
• Hear confirmation announcement after successful office your calls are forwarded to a preprogrammed
input of PIN number, then caller drops to a busy number after a designated number of seconds.
SPECIAL NOTE: This is an optional feature. Check
You may activate or deactivate CFRA from any other with your Telecommunications Coordinator or
touch tone state number by: Counselor to see if this feature is available to you.
• Lift handset.
• Dial *98#. If you have this feature, you may also have Call
• You will hear a prompt from the switch to enter your Forwarding All Calls and, or Call Forward Busy.
5 digit number followed by the 4 digit PIN number.
Call Forward No Answer is automatically canceled when
• Dial the 5 digit telephone number of the telephone to
Call Forwarding All Calls is activated.
be forwarded, followed by the 4 digit PIN number
If the Call Forward No Answer is not working properly,
• You will be asked to enter a code to either activate or
check to see if the number that the calls are forwarded to
deactivate call forwarding. *72# activates, *73#
has been changed, or is out of order.
• If you are activating forwarding, the switch will ask
CALL FORWARD BUSY
you to enter the number you wish to forward to.
This feature allows incoming calls to your station to be
• Dial the number to forward by #.
automatically routed to a predetermined five digit station
• The switch will repeat the number to be forwarded number when your line is busy.
• The switch will then give you the option to confirm SPECIAL NOTES: This is an optional feature. Check
by pressing 1, or press 2 to forward to a different with your Telecommunications Coordinator or
destination, or hang up to cancel the command. Counselor to see if this feature is available to you.
• Caller hears confirmation recording.
You may activate or deactivate CFRA from ANY touch
tone phone by:
• Lift handset.
If you have this feature, you may also have Call REPEAT DIALING PLUS
Forwarding All Calls and, or Call Forward No Answer. This feature allows your telephone line to keep redialing
a busy number, and notify you when the line is free.
Call Forward Busy is automatically canceled when Call
Forward All Calls is activated. • When you hear a busy signal, flash switchhook.
• Listen for special dial tone (If you have already hung
CALLER ID up, pick up handset and listen for regular dial tone).
This feature allows you to see the calling number before • Dial #66.
you answer the telephone. • Hang up. Your telephone line will check the number
• When you receive a call, wait until your telephone for up to 30 minutes.
completes the first ringing signal. • A special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes
• The telephone number of the person calling you will free.
automatically appear on your display screen before • Pick up the handset to automatically place the call.
the second ring.
• The number will remain on the screen until you or To cancel:
the caller hangs up. • Lift handset, listen for regular dial tone.
• Press #86.
SPECIAL NOTES: This feature is an optional feature. • Listen for confirmation tone.
Check with your Telecommunications Coordinator or
Counselor to see if this feature is available to you. SPECIAL NOTES: This feature is an optional feature.
Check with your Telecommunications Coordinator or
You must have a display telephone, or add-on for caller Counselor to see if this feature is available to you. Does
ID. not work on toll free and 900 numbers, or numbers that
are not connected to the Jefferson City switch. Repeat
You may see a “P” for private call, or “O” for outside of dialing plus can check as many as 31 busy lines at once.
area. Private calls have had their identity blocked by the To know what call is being completed, you must
caller dialing *67 prior to dialing. Outside calls are calls subscribe to Caller ID.
from telephone numbers that are not connected to the
Jefferson City telephone switch.
A special-interrupted ring indicates an incoming call
AUTO CALL RETURN from another 751/522/526 customer.
This feature will redial the last caller to your telephone (EXAMPLE: ring-pause-ring-pause)
line, even if you did not answer the call.
• Pick up handset, listen for dial tone. A double-interrupted ring indicates an incoming external
• Dial #69. call.
• Listen to the recorded instructions giving you the (EXAMPLE: ring-ring-pause-ring-ring-pause)
date, time, and telephone number of your last caller.
Dial “1” if you want to return the call. A CALL WAITING Tone is a single tone heard during a
call which indicates that a call is waiting.
If the number that called you is busy:
• Hang up. A recording usually indicates that you have made an
• Your telephone will keep trying the line for up to 30 error as stated in the General Notes or Station Customer
• A special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes
free. The Special Dial Tone is an interrupted dial tone.
• Pick up handset to automatically place the call.
A CONFIRMATION Tone is two bursts of dial tone.
• Dial #89. VOICE MAIL MESSAGE SERVICES
• Listen for confirmation tone and hang up. PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING APPLI-
SPECIAL NOTES: This feature is an optional feature.
Voice Mail - the ability for the caller to leave a
Check with your Telecommunications Coordinator or
comprehensive, recorded voice message and for the
Counselor to see if this feature is available to you.
called party to store, forward and retrieve the voice
message. These functions can be completed remotely.
Does not work on Toll Free and 900 numbers, or
numbers that are not connected to the Jefferson City
Telephone Answering - the ability for the caller to leave mailbox to retrieve your messages. Choose any number
a voice message when the called party’s line is not combination easy for you to remember except for 0000
answered, forwarded to voice mail, or busy. and 1234. Please remember your passcode!
Electronic Bulletin Board - the ability to have special VOICE MAIL TELEPHONE NUMBER
information mailboxes for services like on-line Cape Girardeau 573-290-5585
directories, state parks information, tax information, etc. Carthage 417-359-1599
Automated Attendant - is an enhancement of voice Farmington 573-218-6000
messaging which gives the ability to automatically direct Jefferson City 573-526-6245
and connect callers via a voice menu set. This allows a Joplin 417-629-3381
caller to reach any extension by pushing the appropriate Kansas City 816-889-3500
buttons on a touch-tone phone. Lebanon 417-588-4449
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) - the ability to use a Nevada 417-448-1399
phone as a terminal. IVR can be used for simple data Poplar Bluff 573-840-9494
entry and retrieval such as school registration and bank Rolla 573-368-2150
balances or advanced data access on a host computer. Sedalia 660-530-5995
This function is a highly specialized and customized Sikeston 573-472-6600
product and requires a stand-alone piece of hardware and Springfield 417-895-1350
software. Voice messaging is NOT required to use IVR. St. Joseph 816-271-4189
Consulting services will work with each agency on its St. Louis (301 Numbers) 314-301-1555
application and propose a system, including pricing. St. Louis (340 Numbers) 314-340-7756
St. Louis (416 Numbers) 314-416-2999
St. Louis (512 Numbers) 314-512-7888
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE? St. Louis (877 Numbers) 314-877-2910
Subscription Service offers voice mailboxes and Warrensburg 660-429-6770
automated attendant through the State Network in the
following Sprint/United Telephone Company serving ENTERING YOUR MAILBOX
areas: Jefferson City, Lebanon, Rolla, and Inside the Office
Warrensburg. Voice mailboxes provide voice mail, 1. Dial *90 if there are new messages (listen for stutter
telephone answering, and electronic bulletin board. dial tone)
Voice mailboxes are available in two sizes: Dial (See Voice Mail telephone
• Level 1 number for your area) if there are no new messages.
(20 messages/20 minutes capacity - 2 minutes 2. Enter your passcode.
maximum per message)
• Level 2 Outside the Office
(30 messages/30 minutes capacity - 3 minute 1. Dial Voice Mail Telephone Number for your area.
maximum per message) A paging feature is available 2. Enter your mailbox number
on this level. (Usually the same as your seven digit telephone
• Automated Attendant has a number of number)
features/options. Pricing depends on the agency’s
specific needs and is based on a per port charge. 3. Press *
Purchase - Lease/Purchase systems can include all of 4. Enter your passcode.
the features available in the subscription service plus
Interactive Voice Response. These stand-alone systems If phone is forwarded to voice mail:
can interact with the subscription service. They can be 1. Dial office telephone number.
sized, configured, and priced according to the agency’s
needs. 2. Press *
3. Enter passcode.
VOICE MAIL REFERENCE GUIDE:
These are the steps to follow to begin using your new
voice mail service.
First, write a greeting to record for your mailbox. An EXITING YOUR MAILBOX
appropriate greeting would be similar to the following, There are three ways to exit the system:
“Hello, this is I am not able to answer my WXY
telephone right now; but if you will leave your name, 1. Press 9 to exit and hang up.
telephone number and a brief message, I will get back
with you as soon as I can. Thank you.”
Second, decide on your confidential 4-digit passcode
number that you will use to identify yourself to the voice
WXY WXY • Reminder: When playing a message, press:
2. Press 9 + 9 to send your message and
return to the message center. * # 1
3. Press 0 to return to the attendant operator.
TO MOVE TO MOVE TO PAUSE 30
BACKWARDS FORWARD 5 SECONDS:
5 SECONDS SECONDS PRESS ANY
PLAYING A MESSAGE OTHER KEY
• Enter your mail box (see “Entering Your Mailbox”)
• Press PRS to Play the current message. • Reminder: Always press WXY to exit the system.
Listen to the message. MAKING A MESSAGE
ABC GHI JKL DEF • Enter your mailbox (see “Entering Your Mailbox”).
• Press: 2 4 5 3
• Press MNO to make a new message.
• Enter the mailbox number of the person to whom the
MESSAGE MESSAGE MESSAGE THE message will be sent
USER To make a message for one or more mailboxes or
RECORD ENTER THE distribution lists follow this procedure.
THE • Enter the mailbox number or distribution list number.
MESSAGE IS Continue to add mailbox numbers or distribution lists
numbers. If you incorrectly enter a number
press to cancel the entry.
• Reminder: Always answer 2 or give 4 • Press # to end your list and begin recording
a message before keeping or discarding
- If you dial incorrectly (hear the wrong name), press
After recording your answer or your comments, you 3 + 9 to cancel the message.
Record your message (following the beep).
PRS DEF ABC MNO WXY
7 3 2 6 9 • Press:
PRS DEF ABC MNO WXY
TO REVIEW TO TO APPEND TO ACTIVATE TO SEND 7 3 2 6 9
YOUR DISCARD TO YOUR MESSAGE YOUR
RECORDING AND RECORDING ADDRESSING RECORDING
RECORD TO REVIEW TO TO APPEND TO ACTIVATE TO SEND
OPTIONS AND EXIT
AGAIN YOU DISCARD TO YOUR MESSAGE RECORDING
RECORDING THE RECORDING ADDRESSING AND EXIT
• If you have answered a message or given it to MESSAGE OPTIONS
another user, press: RE-RECORD
JKL DEF • Reminder: You may pause for 30 seconds each time
5 3 you press to resume recording hit any other
TO KEEP TO
• Reminder: Your message will not be sent until you
MESSAGE press WXY to exit.
- Set your Passcode. 7
• Reminder: When making a message for a
distribution list, enter the 2-digit distribution list JKL
number in place of the mailbox number. - Make distribution Lists. 5
• Reminder: Mailbox numbers are usually the same as TUV
a user’s seven digit telephone number. - Activate user Tutorial. 8
MESSAGE ADDRESSING OPTIONS
• The message addressing menu allows you to request CREATING A DISTRIBUTION LIST
several options for your message. The options are • Enter your mailbox (see “Entering Your
confidential, request a return receipt or urgent. Mailbox”)
• Enter your mailbox (see “Entering Your Mailbox”).
• Make, give or answer a message. • Press 8
for User options.
• Press to access message addressing options. JKL
6 • Press to create or modify a List.
You may choose one or more of the following
PRS PRS • Enter the list number (number 01 to 09).
• Press 7 to activate receipt; press 7 MNO
• Press 6 to name your list;
again to cancel receipt.
- Record a list name.
• Press 2 to mark confidential; press 2 WXY
- Press 9 to save the name.
again to cancel confidential.
TUV TUV ABC
• Press 8 to mark urgent; press 8 again • Press 2 to Add each member to the list.
to cancel urgent. - Enter the mailbox number for the person to be added.
to exit message addressing options. • Repeat 2 plus mailbox numbers for each
• Press 9 to send your recording and exit. to be added.
• Press 9 to save your entries and exit to main
• Enter your mailbox (see “Entering Your Mailbox”). menu.
• Press 8 for User options. MODIFYING A DISTRIBUTION LIST
• Enter your mailbox (see “Entering Your
• User options include: Mailbox”).
GHI • Press 8 for User options.
- Record your Greeting JKL
(See Flow chart for greetings). • Press 5 to create or modify a List.
• Press list number (number 01-09) to change.
- Record your Name.
• Press 7 to Play all members on the list.
Press ABC DEF
TO ADD A TO DROPA
- Enter the mailbox number of member to add or drop.
Repeat 2 or 3 if required.
• Press WXY to save changes and exit to the main
VOICE MAIL MAIN MENU
P to Play the first unplayed/saved message
M to Make a new message
Press U to change User Options
X to eXit the system
O to return to the attendant
Press G to change your Greeting
N to change your Name
P to change your Passcode
L to change a distribution List
T to activate the Tutorial
X to eXit user options
Press C to change your Conditional personal greeting
P to change your Primary personal greeting
E to Enable a different greeting
X to eXit to the main menu
Press C Sub-Menu
(Be prepared to put in all three greetings) Press C to enable your CONDITIONAL
Press B to change your Busy greeting G to enable the GENERAL
F to change your Forward greeting GREETINGS (not recommended)
N to change your No answer greeting P to enable PRIMARY PERSONAL
X to eXit to the previous menu GREETINGS
X to eXit to the previous menu
(Only need to enable Greetings once)