STATE FFA OFFICER REQUEST FORM
This form must be received by DESE 4 weeks prior to your event
See "Travel Policy" tab below for travel reimbursement information
School Advisor’s Name
School Phone Best Time to Call AM
Advisor’s Home Phone Best Time to Call AM
Activity: (Mark the event) Chapter Area District
Meeting Banquet Leadership Workshop
Degree Initiation Chapter Visit Recruitment
Meal Involved Yes No
Date Time AM PM
Place Round Trip Miles
Directions to School
Type of Audience: (Mark all that apply)
FFA Members Jr. High 9 10 11 12 Graduate
Parents Faculty Administration School Board Alumni
Responsibility of the Officer (Mark those that apply)
Greetings Opening Closing Kenote Workshop
Length of Presentation minutes
Will you accept any officer? Yes No
Has any State Officer spoken there recently? Yes No
State Office Use
Date Contact was made with Officer
STATE FFA OFFICERS - Activity and Travel Policies
1. All activities engaged in by state officers representing the State Association of
FFA must be approved in advance by the state office.
2. State officers will be reimbursed for all necessary expenses including meals,
travel, and lodging. Expenses for supplies and copying must be approved
in advance before purchasing.
3. Requests for state officers by chapters, areas, or districts should ordinarily be
made to the state office. This will help to control conflicts and to provide
substitutes if necessary.
4. Distance of travel will be considered when requesting a state officer.
5. Officers are strongly encouraged to visit all chapters in their area. To conserve
travel and visit chapters at the best time, these arrangements should be made
several weeks in advance. This can best be done in an area teachers meeting
or by phone and email.
6. Reimbursing state officers for travel expenses will be handled as follows:
A. The state association will pay 100% of travel expenses to state, district,
and area activities considered to be state officer responsibilities.
Examples are as follows:
1. area leadership training meetings for assigned officers
2. area banquets
3. area officer interview meetings for assigned officers
4. other area FFA meetings approved in advance, such as speakers at area
5. district FFA meetings approved in advance
6. all approved state and national activities
7. one visit to each local chapter in the officers area
B. The State Association will pay 50% of travel for the following activities.
The chapter will be asked to pay the other 50% on these activities.
1. travel to chapter banquets
2. travel to chapter degree initiations, parents night, and etc.
C. Other chapter level activities are expected to be financed by the local
chapter unless previously approved by the state office.