Agenda of UDDI Spec TC Telecon by HC120526105351

VIEWS: 0 PAGES: 4

									Minutes of UDDI Spec TC Telecon

Date:          20050503

Chairs: Luc Clément, Systinet, luc.clement@systinet.com                                                               (apologies)
        Tony Rogers, Computer Associates, Tony.Rogers@ca.com


Logistics
TC Telecon
        Call hosted by Tony Rogers, Computer Associates

Dial in
              International (toll): +61 2 8524 6600
              Australia: 1800 766 715
              China: 10 800 140 0421
              France: 0800 906 251
              Greece: 0080 0161 2203 1354
              Hong Kong: 800 964 179
              Indonesia: 00 1803 06130282
              Japan: 00531 250 018
              New Zealand: 0800 445 473
              Singapore : 0800 616 3024
              South Africa: 0800 998 252
              South Korea: 007 986 136 0026
              Switzerland: 0800 562 761
              Taiwan: 00801 615 111
              Thailand: 00 1800 61350317
              United Kingdom: 0800 169 8423
              United States: 1 866 756 8452

              Participant Passcode: 782798

Time
              UTC: Tue-19:30, Seattle: Tue-12:30, New York: Tue-15:30, London: Tue-20:30, Frankfurt: Tue-
              21:30, Moscow: Tue-23:30, Melbourne: Wed-05:30


 Agenda
1    Attendance................................................................................................................................................................ 2
2    Additions to Agenda .................................................................................................................................................. 2
3    Approval of Previous Minutes .................................................................................................................................... 2
4    Administration ........................................................................................................................................................... 2
  4.1        Next Call ....................................................................................................................................................... 2
5    Old Business............................................................................................................................................................. 2
  5.1        Formation of a “UDDI Adoption TC” .............................................................................................................. 2
  5.2        Technical Notes ............................................................................................................................................ 2
     5.2.1       “Secure Channel for Trustworthiness” Technical Note ............................................................................. 2
     5.2.2       “Understanding Key Partitions” Technical Note........................................................................................ 3
     5.2.3       “HTTP Basic and Digest Authentication” Technical Note ......................................................................... 3
     5.2.4       “WS-Security Modeling” Technical Note .................................................................................................. 4
  5.3        Schema Centric Canonicalization Spec Errata .............................................................................................. 4
  5.4        Property Support in UDDI ............................................................................................................................. 4
6    Additions to Agenda .................................................................................................................................................. 4
7    Adjournment ............................................................................................................................................................. 4
1 Attendance
          Attending: Tony Rogers, Dave Prout, Zhe Wu, Pete Wenzel, Rob Kochman, Claus von Reigen
          Apologies: Luc Clement, John Colgrave.



2 Additions to Agenda
          There was going to be an addition to the agenda concerning the location of the WSDL and XML
          schema files for the official versions – the current locations are not consistent. Unfortunately,
          neither Luc Clement nor John Colgrave could make it on the call, so the item must be held over
          until the next call, when it is hoped both can be on.


3 Approval of Previous Minutes
Motion:
          Motion to approve the minutes of the last meeting.
          The minutes can be found at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/12218/TC_Minutes-v1-20050412.doc

Minutes:
        Approved without dissent.



4 Administration

4.1       Next Call
          Next call is scheduled for 24 May 2005. We need a host.

Minutes:
        Rob has volunteered to host this call. He has already provided access details:

          Toll-Free (US & Canada): 866-500-6738
          Toll: +1-203-480-8000
          Participant Passcode: 325260
          Not to be outdone by the list above, Rob has provided 42 other numbers for local access from
          around the world. They won’t be included here, but can be included in the agenda when it is
          distributed.


5 Old Business

5.1       Formation of a “UDDI Adoption TC”
          ACTION: Luc to respond to the SC to get more detail on the deliverables they expect, and some
          structure to the plan.

Minutes:
        Deferred to next meeting, when Luc will be able to report. Note: Dave Prout cannot work on this
        committee.

5.2       Technical Notes
5.2.1     “Secure Channel for Trustworthiness” Technical Note

          The completed TN has been posted. Formal review started 29 Mar 05 per http://lists.oasis-
          open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200503/msg00028.html.
          Per last telecom:
          Status:          In the midst of 30-day formal review
          Next steps:      Ready for TC vote; vote to be taken at 3 May telecon
          Target date:     vote 3 May during telecom

          ACTION: TC Members to review http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
          spec/200503/msg00028.html and be ready to vote at the 3 May telecon to adopt the “Secure
          Channel for Trustworthiness” TN as a TC TN

Minutes
          Claus raised two questions in e-mail:
                  How does the client determine that the server does validation?
                  How does the client establish a secure channel?

          The UDDI registry owner must offer a binding template under the Node Business Entity that offers
          an SSL connection.

          The UDDI registry will need to make available policy information to specify that it does server-side
          validation of digital signatures.

          Claus asked what the server should do if the signature fails validation – Tony suggested that the
          signed entry be suppressed, but Claus pointed out that this would be a deviation from normal
          behaviour. Unfortunately, we have no way, at the moment, to indicate in a response that the
          signature has failed validation.

          Perhaps the TN should add a new find qualifier (as a canonical tModel) to specify if the server
          should omit entries whose signatures failed validation – one find qualifier to omit entries with failed
          signatures, one to include them (although there is then the question of whether there is any point
          to checking them, given that we cannot report the fact).

          Dave asked if the TN should add another new find qualifier to specify that the client does not want
          the server to do validation. If the server were suppressing entries due to signature failures, this
          would allow the client to override that behaviour – perhaps this find qualifier would suffice?

          Given how important these questions are, and the impact they could have on the TN, we will not
          vote on the TN today.

          Discussion on the mailing list, please – we need to decide what we will do / what we will advocate.


5.2.2     “Understanding Key Partitions” Technical Note

          Document posted at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/12051/uddi-spec-tc-tn-understandingkeypartitions-20050330.doc.

          ACTION: Editors (Max Voskob, Dave Prout, Jin Tong) to review and provide feedback to Tony

Minutes
          Feedback received from Dave. Waiting on Max and Jin.


5.2.3     “HTTP Basic and Digest Authentication” Technical Note

          Document posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/11960/uddi-spec-tc-tn-httpauth-20050321.doc

          ACTION: Andrew to change the tModel reference to HTTP Transport tModel, and re-submit. He
          will notify Luc and Tony when resubmitting, so they can begin the edit pass

Minutes
          Andrew has not completed his action – to be reminded.
5.2.4     “WS-Security Modeling” Technical Note

          Document posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/12217/uddi-spec-tc-tn-wssecurity-20040328.doc

          ACTION: TC members to review – for discussion at 3 May telecon

Minutes
          Dave opined out that this TN is a good start but needs clarification: for example, when a service
          specifies encryption, does this mean the request and response are both encrypted? Or just the
          response? If the request is to be encrypted, where does the requestor get the public key /
          certificate?
          This TN is a good start, but there is still work to be done. Dave questioned the prevalence of
          examples in V2 form (see Appendix B Examples of Use sections) – it might be wise to have
          examples in both V3 and V2 (at least).
          Editors: Dave Prout, Claus von Reigen, Pete Wenzel, Tony Rogers

5.3       Schema Centric Canonicalization Spec Errata
          Need to discuss status of AR632 (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=632) relating to "CR062: Errata for SCC14N:
          Prepare an errata appendix that lists the changes for ease of understanding."

          Link to CR062: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/7470/uddi-spec-tc-cr062-element_only_whitespace_and_xmlnsXML-
          20040601.doc

          ACTION: Andrew to submit errata

Minutes
          Andrew has not submitted the errata – Tony to remind him.

5.4       Property Support in UDDI
          Document posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
          spec/download.php/11602/uddi-spec-tc-prop030-property-and-significant-keyname-20050225.doc

          ACTION: Luc to provide clarifications per Jin’s request, and to turn his document into a TN draft.
Minutes
          Deferred until Luc has submitted his draft. Luc to present the topic to the TC.


6 Additions to Agenda
Minutes
          None.



7 Adjournment
Minutes
          Meeting adjourned 6:54am Australian Eastern Standard Time.

								
To top