In this lab we will see how we can configure the Access Point using the Web Browser
1. Connect the power injector's Ethernet port to a LAN containing a running DHCP
2. Power up the access point/bridge unit.
3. Now open the Web Browser and type the IP address of the Access Point in it. If
your browser uses popup-blocking software, disable the popup-blocking feature.
4. Now press Enter. The following window will appear. Enter the default username
and password, both Cisco:
5. Now the following window (the Summary Status page) appears:
On this page one can see the various fields like the Association, Network Identity and the
Network interfaces. In the Network Identity field we can see the IP address assigned to
the Access Point. The green arrows indicate that the radios of the Access Point are
6. If we click on the EXPRESS SET-UP tab the following page appears:
On this page we can set the Access point depending on the nature of the LAN server
to DHCP or Static IP.
7. Now if we click on the EXPRESS SECURITY tab on the left the following page
Here we can assign the preferred SSID in order to ensure minimal security for our
set-up. We need to enter the SSID and click on Apply Button at the bottom.
8. Once the SSID is assigned the page looks like this:
9. For more information on how to use the Web Browser Interface visit :
1. When you go to the web browser interface what information does the Express-Set
up Link display?
2. What is displayed when you click on the network map tab on the left?
3. Name the configuration action buttons and briefly discuss their functions.
4. Describe the procedure to assign an SSID to your access Point via the WBI.
5. How will you disable the web-browser interface?