PART 1 - GENERAL
1. Work Included: Provide pavement marking in the arrangement shown on the Plans, as specified
herein, and as needed for a complete and proper installation.
1.2 QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. General: Use adequate numbers of skilled workmen who are thoroughly trained and experienced in
the necessary crafts and who are completely familiar with the specified requirements and the
methods needed for proper performance of the work of this Section.
1. General: Within 30 calendar days after receipt of the OWNER's Notice to Proceed, submit:
1) Manufacturer's specifications and other data needed to prove compliance with the specified
2) Manufacturer's recommended installation procedures which, when approved by the
OWNER, shall become the basis for accepting or rejecting actual installation procedures
used on the work.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 PAVEMENT MARKING PAINT
1. General: Provide white paint specifically formulated for use as pavement marking in automobile
traffic areas. Paint shall be equal to highway marking paint specified by the Virginia Department of
2.2 OTHER MATERIALS
1. General: Provide other materials, not specifically described but required for a complete and proper
installation, as selected by the CONTRACTOR subject to the approval of the OWNER.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 SURFACE CONDITIONING
1. General: Examine the areas and conditions under which work of this Section will be performed.
Correct conditions detrimental to timely and proper completion of the Work. Do not proceed until
unsatisfactory conditions are corrected.
2. Curing: Verify that the asphalt concrete paving has cured such that the pavement marking paint
may be properly applied.
1. General: Provide proper masking and spray application equipment recommended for this use by
the manufacturer of the paint material provided. Apply the paint in strict accordance with the
recommendations of the paint manufacturer.
PAVEMENT MARKING 02760 PAGE 1
2. Markings: Pavement markings shall be spray applied, in neat, straight lines, 4 inches in width.
Lines shall stop 6 inches short of curb and sidewalk edge.
3.3 PROTECTION AND CLEANUP
1. General: Provide traffic cones, barricades, and other devices needed to protect the paint until it is
sufficiently dry to withstand traffic.
2. Inspection: When paint is sufficiently dry, visually inspect the entire application, and touchup as
required to provide uniform opaque color and clean, straight lines and surfaces throughout. Where
required, provide permanent opaque paint in color matching the asphalt concrete paving to block
out overspray. Eliminate all traces of splashed, tracked or spilled paint from all adjacent surfaces.
END OF SECTION
PAVEMENT MARKING 02760 PAGE 2