JOB TITLE REGISTERED NURSE
RESPONSIBLE TO CLINICAL AND QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
In partnership with the medical team, is responsible for the smooth-running and management
of patient care in the centre’s out-patient services.
Out-patient Services is comprised of the care provided at the Day Care Center to the patient
from pre-admission through post-procedural follow-up.
1. Manages the day-to-day activities of assigned clinical area in coordination with all
other multidisciplinary services and staff.
2. Delivers a high standard of care to all patients, ensuring evidence based practice is
utilized to deliver required care.
3. Assesses and anticipates patient health care needs and applies required
interventions based on specialized knowledge and skills
4. Ensures patients are given required instruction and education regarding procedures,
their disease process and its management in collaboration with the Physician.
5. Ensures care is delivered considering cultural beliefs, in a kind courteous manner
ensuring confidentiality and privacy.
6. Ensures safe, effective use of equipment and cost effective utilization of supplies.
7. Participates in progressive improvement/quality improvement programs to improve
clinical practice and patient care deliverance.
8. Actively participates in continuing education and self development programs to keep
knowledge and skills current.
9. Participates in research studies and clinical investigations as organized by the
10. Performs other professionally related duties as required by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. BSN or Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
2. Current Nursing License registration from country of training/origin.
3. Minimum of five years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
4. Current knowledge and experience in diabetic care management.
5. Research experience preferred.