World War I Test Review Worksheet
Chapter 11 review
Section 1: World War I Begins
1. Describe the 4 main causes of WWI
2. What was the immediate cause of WWI?
3. Explain how the German Schlieffen Plan ended up being a disaster for Germany.
4. What were the last 2 events that pushed the United States into war against The
Section 2: American Power Tips the Balance
1. Explain how the U.S. mobilized a strong military during WWI.
2. What are two examples of how the United States mobilized for war?
3. What were 3 new weapons used during WWI and how did they change the way
people fought wars.
Section 3: the War At Home
1. What methods did the U.S. use to “sell” the war to the American
2. What events during the war undermined (took away) civil liberties?
Section 4: Wilson Fights for Peace
1.Explain what President Wilson’s plan for peace was.
2. What were the major effects of the Treaty of Versailles?